I'm new to blackberry, having finally ditched my treo for the storm and I love it (sure, the screen change is slow at times but overall the system blows away my treo). Thanks to this site, I've managed to learn all the things the company and verizon don't tell you so thanks to all of you for putting up all the informative posts.

Given the knowledge on display, I figured I'd run this past you guys and see if someone had an answer for me.

I set up the email for one of my accounts - pop mail but not a yahoo/gmail type thing. It worked great and then, out of nowhere, I started missing emails. Not all of them mind you. some come thru. some don't. I've deleted the account several times and restarted it over and over and still, some emails come thru, others don't.

Has anyone seen anything like this? If this can be found elsewhere on the forums, please accept my apologies for being ignorant and lazy and not searching hard enough.

Thanks in advance.

Crakeur
    12-17-08 02:18 PM
    Welcome Crakeur!

If you have any type of filtering or rules setup in your mail profile, that direct incoming messages to subfolders, etc., then this could be the reason why you are not receiving all messages. You can sync your subfolders by referring to the following:

1. Open Desktop Manager

2. Click Redirector Settings

3. Go to the Advanced tab

4. Select the Selected Folders ratio button > Choose Folders button should be enabled. The select the subfolders you want to be able to see on the BlackBerry. Be sure to select Inbox or you won't get your Inbox anymore!

Now on your Blackberry in messages > options > General options> set Hide Filed Messages to No. This is the same on Desktop manager if available.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
    12-17-08 02:32 PM
    Thanks for the speedy response. Sadly, I can't find redirector settings in the desktop manager. I had one filter for gmail and I've tried removing but doesn't help.

The problem isn't that I can't see the emails. Some come thru to the storm, others don't.
    12-17-08 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD