My Storm just got stuck on my provider splash screen. If I hold down the power button it tells me that it's going to shutdown but doesn't. I tried pulling the battery but it always boots back up to the same splash screen. Has this happened to anyone here?

Thanks!
    01-03-09 07:32 PM
    Yes it's happened to a bunch of people. Pull your battery a few times and it'll go away.
    01-03-09 07:35 PM
    Yeah I've done that numerous times now. It seems to stick on "Media Card Inserted" for a few seconds until I click the screen before going to the splash screen. I tried booting it up without the card and it started up fine. Ideas?
    01-03-09 07:48 PM
    You can put the card back in after its on the right way. Should be fine as it was for me.

I like to keep the batt out for about 10 minutes before putting it back in without the media card in. Once it loads ok, then I put the card back in and that does the trick.
    01-03-09 07:53 PM
    This was happening a LOT to me on .75

On .85 it has happened but once.
    01-03-09 09:47 PM
    Yeah I've done that numerous times now. It seems to stick on "Media Card Inserted" for a few seconds until I click the screen before going to the splash screen. I tried booting it up without the card and it started up fine. Ideas?
    You can put the card back in after its on the right way. Should be fine as it was for me.

I like to keep the batt out for about 10 minutes before putting it back in without the media card in. Once it loads ok, then I put the card back in and that does the trick.
    This was happening a LOT to me on .75

On .85 it has happened but once.

I upgraded to .85 and had no problems for awhile. Then the media card "removed/inserted" issue cropped up when shutting down and starting. Even had to do a batt pull 4 times in a row once because when I took out the media card it gave me the "removed" error, then app error 523.

I read somewhere here that the OS was getting "confused" when booting by trying to load the initial VZ screen and then the wallpaper pic. It may be a read error on the mem card during initialization.

I changed my wallpaper to one of the sample pics supplied, which are NOT on the mem card and have had no problems since. Using the mem clean enabled option I haven't had to do a batt pull in 2 weeks!

I will try to use my own pics for wallpaper after next upgrade to see if it's fixed. If it's not I'll continue to use their "samples" as wallpaper. They're really not bad, just not very personalized.
    01-07-09 11:29 AM
    I read somewhere here that the OS was getting "confused" when booting by trying to load the initial VZ screen and then the wallpaper pic. It may be a read error on the mem card during initialization.

I changed my wallpaper to one of the sample pics supplied, which are NOT on the mem card and have had no problems since. Using the mem clean enabled option I haven't had to do a batt pull in 2 weeks!

I will try to use my own pics for wallpaper after next upgrade to see if it's fixed. If it's not I'll continue to use their "samples" as wallpaper. They're really not bad, just not very personalized.

I just copied my custom wallpaper onto the internal memory so, I get the benefit of using the wallpaper of my choosing and having the phone read it from internal memory, not the memory card.

And yes, I WAS having the "Media Card Inserted" issue...and since doing this, I don't.
    01-07-09 12:04 PM
    My experience is the same as Habious, once I moved the background pics to the device memory, the stuck on splash screen disappeared.
    01-07-09 12:43 PM
    interestingly enough, i had this problem just now on 5.0...

some things never change...
    11-11-09 02:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD