Some of you have your Best Buy appointment time - you lucky bast--d.

My store just called me to say "well, we'll have them in Friday morning, but we don't know when they'll be available" "so we are not making appointments, but we'll call you when they are ready"

Me thinks this may be one of those "not until the 23rd" things and they just want to keep me hanging on.

I'm not going to fart around with them, I think I'll just get my deposit back and take my telesales order that will come on Saturday.

Any thought about those yo-yo's at BB?
    11-19-08 06:40 PM
    I read that VzW will have proprietary launch rights, then third party sellers will sell the Storm a couple of days later. This might be the case.

Other than that, I haven't the faintest clue.

Maybe it's better to go via telesales, especially if they provide overnight shipping. It's your call.
    11-19-08 06:47 PM
    I ordered with telesales for a saturday delivery and got my $50 back. When I called BB they said they weren't releasing them until the 23rd.
    11-19-08 06:57 PM
    Isn't it amazing how many stores (VZW/Best Buy), or others for that matter, have no freakin clue on what they are doing?? I have read tons of threads about people calling their corporate stores who are clueless. I love the service but the uncertainty is driving me nuts too. VZW needed to make sure every store was in the know about phone details/pricing/launch date and set a game plan that they have to follow....to a degree.

FWIW, I have emailed BBMobile several times and they confirmed BB will have them Friday and if you pre-ordered one, you'll get it Friday. Some stores are even considering opening prior to public hours to handle the sales since their mobile departments are staffed by many.
    11-19-08 07:00 PM
    I ordered with telesales for a saturday delivery and got my $50 back. When I called BB they said they weren't releasing them until the 23rd.
    Nope. They will be available on Friday. The phones will arrive on the Thursday shipment.

I guess there is a possibility that the store you talked to did not get any pre-orders so they are not receiving the first shipment. I highly doubt it but I guess anything is possible.

I do know one thing for sure, we will know in 2 days if BB did get them or not

***Edit - Which store did you talk to? Post the number and i will be happy to call them and get it straightened out
    11-19-08 07:01 PM
    Thanks, that's what I'm thinking, just wanted to hear it form someone else. I've got insecurity issue I'm working through.
    11-19-08 07:01 PM
    Nope. They will be available on Friday. The phones will arrive on the Thursday shipment.

I guess there is a possibility that the store you talked to did not get any pre-orders so they are not receiving the first shipment. I highly doubt it but I guess anything is possible.

I do know one thing for sure, we will know in 2 days if BB did get them or not

***Edit - Which store did you talk to? Post the number and i will be happy to call them and get it straightened out

I called all week to make sure I would get my pre-order on Friday. Then I called yesterday and they changed it to the 23rd. When i put down my $50 they had a file full of preorders so I don't know whats going on.

Best Buy Mobile
    212-254-0498

Its official! The people at Best Buy are idiots! The first woman who answered the phone said Friday/Saturday and that they would call to let us know when to come in. The second girl said the 23rd (at the same store!) and said that Verizon won't have any on the 21st either...I'm so glad I got my $50 back.
    11-19-08 07:11 PM
    Its official! The people at Best Buy are idiots!
    lord save us. Theoretically, these people are best of the applicants. Can you imagine the people that they didn't hire?
    11-19-08 07:40 PM
    Im lazy someone find out if they are going to have storms at this store 1-630-551-3233
    I per ordered I can't get my self to bug them though.
    11-19-08 08:25 PM
    I had pre-ordered on the first day they offered it at Best Buy...I called yesterday and they didn't know if they would have them. I went ot store this morning and missed getting one by 6 people (they would of had enough if people weren't buying 2 ;|) so i called Best Buy 6 times during the day complaining and finally got the call to go down and pick it up tonight YEESSSSS
    11-21-08 08:36 PM
    Picked one up at VZW corp store at 7am and another for my father at my BestBuy where I had a pre-order. I was #2, and they only got 3 of them in for today. Bad news.
    11-21-08 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD