Everything seems to have been going along well.. until I noticed that when I synched my storm with my Mac (using Missing Sync) everything looked great except everyone had a particular ringtone (old style phone). Ok, I thought, no big deal I'll just set my main ringtone to something else. Well that didn't work. But the funniest and strangest part about all of this is when I actually want a specific ringtone for someone and change that in the address book, whenever I put the phone in Vibrate only mode it still rings out loud! This only happens with contacts I've attached specific ringtones to. The other ones just vibrate when in vibrate only mode. The only way to fix it is to delete the contact and add the contact back. That solves the problem with it ringing in vibrate mode but I lose the ability to assign a ringtone AND have it only vibrate when in vibrate mode. Does anyone know what's going on here?? Thanks...
    11-21-08 10:39 PM
    If you didn't change the volume or vibration settings for the specific person, and left them with active Profile, then it should inherit the active profile behavior with your ringtone.
    11-21-08 10:46 PM
    Yeah, that's the whole thing. I did change it with each person. That's why I'm so confused

If you didn't change the volume or vibration settings for the specific person, and left them with active Profile, then it should inherit the active profile behavior with your ringtone.
    11-21-08 10:51 PM
    This is strange because I think other blackberries let you personalize all sorts of profiles for ringing. The storm seems to just allow the default profile. But my real question I guess goes back to how the phone could ring even when the phone is in vibrate only mode (and under that contact, it is set to go to the default profile). Any ideas? Anyone else having a similar problem?
    11-21-08 11:26 PM
    i have the same problem. contacts with personalized message alerts still ring when the phone is in vibrate mode. i cant figure out how to stop it!!
    11-24-08 06:54 PM
    Same thing is happening with everyone I know that has one. The way I fixed it was to go in and make a custom profile and turn everything to vibrate and it did the trick. Seems like there is some kind of bug in the vibrate mode they had.
    11-24-08 07:02 PM
    My phone will not make a sound or vibrate when I get an email. I tried different tones and still nothing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 07:21 PM
    My phone will not make a sound or vibrate when I get an email. I tried different tones and still nothing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Make a custom profile, set it up how you want & it should work. The pre-installed profiles seem to have some sometimey issues lol.
    11-24-08 07:44 PM
    I have had the same problem as well. A bit annoying. Going to try that custom idea and hopefully that fixes the situation. Hate having the phone on silent mode because then I have to constantly check it at work to make sure I didn't receive any messages.
    11-26-08 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD