Morning Addicts,

I use a AUX cable in my car to play music from my Storm through my car speakers. Works great and I love it. Yesterday after removing my phone from my car, I noticed that the sound is not playing (i.e. ringtones, videos, alerts, calls). After looking at my phone for a while, I realized it seems to be stuck in "headset" mode rather than "handset".

While I can hit the menu whilst in a call and change it, I can't seem to change the setting universally for my phone. It is pretty annoying and I have never had this problem before. I tried a battery pull, but it did not fix the problem.

Any ideas?
    09-08-09 07:53 AM
    I edited the titke a bit. You need to provide a good discribtion in order to help us help you. Remember .....

....to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    09-08-09 07:57 AM
    If you'll do a search on "headset mode" here or on any of the Storm forums you'll find plenty of explanations and solutions.

John
    09-08-09 07:58 AM
    Try plugging it again, or use headphones, and slowly unplug. Repeat until changes mode:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 08:10 AM
    Try plugging it again, or use headphones, and slowly unplug. Repeat until changes mode:

I had the same problem with my phone a couple of weeks ago. I plugged and unplugged the headset repeatedly while making a call (call voicemail). I had to do it 15 or 20 times until it finally broke free. I have not used my headset since.
    09-08-09 08:24 AM
    Morning Addicts,

I use a AUX cable in my car to play music from my Storm through my car speakers. Works great and I love it. Yesterday after removing my phone from my car, I noticed that the sound is not playing (i.e. ringtones, videos, alerts, calls). After looking at my phone for a while, I realized it seems to be stuck in "headset" mode rather than "handset".

While I can hit the menu whilst in a call and change it, I can't seem to change the setting universally for my phone. It is pretty annoying and I have never had this problem before. I tried a battery pull, but it did not fix the problem.

Any ideas?
    You have few options... This happens because the sensor detects that the headset is plugged in. This happens if something is broke or if u have something stuck in there.

So try to plug and unplug the headset several times to see if it works

or

Take the battery off the phone, let the phone temperature go down and use one those air canisters you use on PC keyboards and stuff on the headset jack.

Hope this helps
    09-08-09 08:58 AM
    My wife had the same problem she just took it to verizon and they replaced it. Fixes usually work but is only temporary.
    09-08-09 10:17 AM
    +1 on advice from Craterz. If no go, see > http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/my-...eadset-297117/. As jeagles5 said, issue may recur/warrant replacement.
    09-08-09 12:04 PM
    You don't have to plug in repeatedly. Plug in, hit play, unplug, make sure the music plays throug the speaker, then hit stop. This can be done with any headset jack.

If you don't understand, a search will give you one of my more detailed fixes for this.

Unplugging and plugging headphones quickly several times can cause some damage.

09-08-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD