This recently started and is driving me crazy. When I hit the return arrow key on the bottom, especially after reading e-mail. The phone turns on the camera. The only way to them navigate is to use the "blackberry key" and switch application or close screen from the menu. I have done numerous battery pulls.

Anyone else have this problem?
    02-21-09 04:03 PM
    This recently started and is driving me crazy. When I hit the return arrow key on the bottom, especially after reading e-mail. The phone turns on the camera. The only way to them navigate is to use the "blackberry key" and switch application or close screen from the menu. I have done numerous battery pulls.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Maybe a dumb question on my part, but are you accidentally pressing the convience key on the right side of your phone by accident? I'm pretty sure that key is defaulted to open your camera.
    02-21-09 04:05 PM
    Maybe a dumb question on my part, but are you accidentally pressing the convience key on the right side of your phone by accident? I'm pretty sure that key is defaulted to open your camera.
    Yah i'd say this is more than likely what is happening. Had a storm since beginning of december and still do this on a daily basis
    02-21-09 04:12 PM
    Yah i'd say this is more than likely what is happening. Had a storm since beginning of december and still do this on a daily basis
    Ha, nice. If you notice where your palm is while grabbing your phone with your right hand, just below your index finger...it sits right on that key.

I was doing this repeatedly (opening the camera) for the first week or so when I got my phone, it was maddening. I changed the default to "nothing".

Options > Screen/Keyboard > "Right Side Convenience Key Opens:" > Nothing
    02-21-09 04:16 PM
    It it were only that easy..... I wish that was the problem!
    02-22-09 05:59 AM
    Have to laugh (not at your problem but the other posts) because I changed the right side convenience key to voice dialing and now I get say name several times a day.

sorry the suggestions didn't solve your problem
    02-22-09 06:48 AM
    It it were only that easy..... I wish that was the problem!
    At times, our Storms do begin to act crazy. The answer for me in most cases similar to yours is a battery pull. Have you tried that yet?
    02-22-09 08:19 AM
    Many, Many battery pulls.....
    02-22-09 10:22 AM
    What OS are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 10:40 AM
    version .75
    02-22-09 06:30 PM
    Problem Solved.

I dropped the phone on the floor. It now works perfectly!
    02-24-09 08:52 AM
    That's one solution...

I got a new Seidio case yesterday and it seems that accidentally hitting a side key will be much less likely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD