Does anyone know if the storm's bezel contains nickel?
    01-02-10 12:27 PM
    Dont know the answer (I thought the bezel was just a peice of plastic) but why would you need to know somthing like that ???
    Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 01-02-10 at 03:47 PM.
    01-02-10 03:36 PM
    because some people are allergic to it and it will cause rashes.

I am pretty sure its just a coating and no actual nickel is used due to the above reason. I remember seeing another thread here on CB about the issue.
    01-02-10 03:42 PM
    Pretty sure it's all plastic as mine has chipped off in a few places.
    01-02-10 05:15 PM
    Matt's right, I'm concerned about allergies.
    I've had kind of a rash on my left cheek and neck for a while now. I thought I just had "bad skin".
    I started thinking it had something to do with the phone......but maybe the germs on it. I searched about "cell phones and rashes" and found out about nickel allergies. I know it is plastic under the "chrome" but does the coating contain any nickel?
    It seemed to fit the bill.
    01-02-10 09:13 PM

I am pretty sure its just a coating and no actual nickel is used due to the above reason. I remember seeing another thread here on CB about the issue.

Here is that post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/nick...-rashes-84487/

To the OP:
    There was a spot test done on 23 different wireless communication devices for nickel content. This test was done awhile back, but here is a link to the results:
    Cellphone contact dermatitis with nickel allergy -- Bercovitch and Luo 178 (1): 23 -- Canadian Medical Association Journal

There is an at home test kit available here:

Allerderm�: fulfilling specialized needs in dermatology
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 01-04-10 at 10:18 AM.
    01-04-10 10:10 AM
    Here is that post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/nick...-rashes-84487/

To the OP:
    There was a spot test done on 23 different wireless communication devices for nickel content. This test was done awhile back, but here is a link to the results:
    Cellphone contact dermatitis with nickel allergy -- Bercovitch and Luo 178 (1): 23 -- Canadian Medical Association Journal

There is an at home test kit available here:

Allerderm�: fulfilling specialized needs in dermatology
    Thanks
    I did get in to see a dermatologist today and asked him about nickel allergies. He told me that the contact with nickel would have to be "for hours" to cause any problems. I asked him why it was just on my left cheek and not anywhere else and he shrugged his shoulders and said "it's just one of those things" and nickel allergies are really only a problem with women and cheap or costume jewelry.
    Anyway......... I ordered a test kit from a place called Athena Allergy. It was hard to find a place that would ship to Canada.
    01-04-10 11:59 PM
    I am pretty sure the storm bezel is mostly dime and quarter...
    01-05-10 02:30 AM
    I am pretty sure the storm bezel is mostly dime and quarter...
    Wow. Really?

To the OP, can you let us know when you get your test kit what the results are? I'm sure the information could be useful to others should they have the same kind of question.
    01-05-10 03:25 AM
    Oh my god...get an LG.
    01-05-10 03:58 AM
    Oh my god...get an LG.
    Did LG recently change their stance to anti chrome coated bezels?
    01-05-10 05:06 AM
    Just an update
    The test kit did not show any nickel on the outside of the storm
    01-24-10 01:09 AM

yes ive seen it to howarmat
    01-24-10 03:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD