First of all sorry if this has already been covered but I've noticed a lot of different threads on similar subjects but not the answers I'm looking for.

So my storm was working fine, did the upgrade to .148. One day like most of us out there on Verizon I received the pushed icons regarding the VZW music apps. I thought ok, here we go again just like when I had my pearl and getting that stupid trooper typing pushed to me. Then I loaded the Crackberry launcher on my storm and a blackberry pro v3 by natemz on my storm. I had it in my pocket one day like normal, then took it out and all of the sudded my storm wasnt responding to any touch screen movement it was super lagging, it kept wanting to always copy stuff, like if I would touch a text message then another one it would want to try and copy the selection you get it. So i did many many battery pulls and it would work for about a minute then go right back to the same deal. At one point I couldn't even get it to recognize any touch screen movement so I could even go into delete the theme and the launcher that I thought were the culprits. So finally I was able to get it to work enough to delete them both, do more battery pulls and go back to somewhat of a normal state.

Then it starts doing the same stuff again! At this point I am about ready to throw this storm against the wall and watch it bust into a bunch of tiny blackberry pieces.

So after again of doing many many battery pulls it started working ok. So I figured I'd load the theme again and the crackberry launcher. This time it seems ok but I am still not getting the response on the touchscreen like I used to and I have all those settings set to high.

OH and get this the other day after I got off the phone, my storm started out of nowhere making a loud noise like it would if you were to hold down one of the keys on a phone, that key tone noise. It wouldn't stop, the only way to stop it was to do another damn battery pull.

I believe there are also issues with the screen lock on this version cause I'll get a white screen and the hourglass sometime when either locking or unlocking it.

So if anyone has any suggestions other than throwing this phone away or if anyone has had the same issues and have resolved them please please send some of your blackberry storm expertise this way.

By the way I don't have any apps running in the background or a lot of useless apps on my storm. The only 3rd party apps I have are Quick Pull, Slacker Radio, Weather Bug and ScoreMobile.

Thanks for taking your time to read this and again any help would be appreciated. Taking my Storm back wouldnt be option cause I didn't purchase it through Verizon, I bought it from a private party who went to the iPhone.
    07-02-09 07:27 PM
    Just an FYI- WeatherBug is a huge battery drain (there have been other threads on this, just search it)- I had to get rid of it because of how quickly it killed my battery. Evidently it never really goes idle and continues to suck the life out of your phone.

Other than that, I'm not sure about all the other problems you're having. Hopefully someone can give you some advice that will help. Don't throw the Storm away- just sell it and get the money and buy a phone that makes you happier.

I hope it all works out- I know that once I got rid of Weather Bug and Pandora, I started really loving my Storm.
    07-02-09 07:32 PM
    Options>screen/keyboard>keyrate

Change it to something not as fast

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 07:37 PM
    I would try doing a full wipe, with JL_Cmder and reloading the OS and reload apps manually as well as add your contacts via sync. Just to make sure you dont have any corrupted backup files. I would also remove .148 from your computer and redownload and install.
    07-02-09 07:56 PM
    I would try doing a full wipe, with JL_Cmder and reloading the OS and reload apps manually as well as add your contacts via sync. Just to make sure you dont have any corrupted backup files. I would also remove .148 from your computer and redownload and install.
    Yes. He's basically summed up the details in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/. Just about everyone that's done this (what's in the first post) has a great working Storm again.
    07-02-09 08:12 PM
    If you tell weatherbug to not update it doesn't drain your battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 08:41 PM
    WeatherBug is a huge battery drain
    Agreed, biggest batt kill ever.
    07-02-09 10:41 PM
    I have my weatherbug set to update every four hours and my battery still lasts a day and a half.
    07-02-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD