Ok, so I just read over at BBOS that VZW is going to offer Storm1 owners a discount and deal if they want to upgrade to the Storm2 but you'll have to re-up your contract and there's no date on when it'll take effect. But it's going for $279.99 with a $100.00 MIR.

Cool! I hope they'll do that for us Tour owners when the Tour2 comes out!?!
    11-04-09 08:23 AM
    $179 is not much of a deal.
    11-04-09 08:24 AM
    Well, at least they're offering it though. I mean, the Storm2 came out about a year+ after the Storm1 did but there's already a new Tour slated for like Feb/Mar 2010 and that's like 8 months after the Tour originally came out! I mean, like 2 weeks after the Tour dropped, there's already pictures, specs, and VZW rumors of it coming out. That's just ridiculous! In my opinion.
    11-04-09 08:27 AM
    Sorry, Not for $180... i doubt this program will even come out.
    11-04-09 08:43 AM
    Sorry, Not for $180... i doubt this program will even come out.
    I'm not too sure that I'll agree with you...

Link

Why aren't people ever optomistic? I mean, you know how much more business VZW would get doing this and how many people would stay with them rather than get pissed they release new / updated phones 1 year after the original? Geez!
    11-04-09 08:47 AM
    i guess in a way it is a small deal, if your mid contract and cannot upgrade and you want a S2... then you gotta pay full price of what? about 500 bucks? well 180 is better than 500...

i still am not fond of the deal though...
    11-04-09 08:54 AM
    Yeah, I don't figure some will be wanting the deal but for those who are tired of the issues with the Storm1 and they can afford it, why not? I'm just trying to NOT be in contract anymore. Kind of tired of those things!
    11-04-09 08:59 AM
    I agree.. $180 is not much of a deal. I got my Storm on a $200 BOGO. So $100 per phone. And even that I had a hard time paying. I just hate paying more than $100 for a cell phone. Smart or otherwise.

Although I must say... the Storm being my first BB.. lol... It was worth the $100. But $180?? I dont think so. They better offer more. Or at least I hope they do.
    11-04-09 09:03 AM
    Yep 180 isn't much of a deal considering all the problems the storm1 has. VZW replaces so many of those phones per day, that deal works for them not for us.
    11-04-09 09:12 AM
    Honestly after the trouble click screens seem to have I'll probably hold off on the Storm 2 (also didn't like the way it felt messing around with it in-store). I played with the Tour, too, and am now kind of wishing I went down that path instead.
    11-04-09 10:05 AM
    Dude, I've had full keyboards and tried the Storm in the store. I didn't like the whole click and all that so that's why I don't have it. I won't go with anything that doesn't have a full keyboard. I also know that tests were done for people who have full keyboards and switched / attempted to switch to the Storm and they lost the ability to type fast because of the way the Storm is.

I have a friend who got the Storm, against my advise, and now she's kicking herself for getting it and not listening because now she wants my Tour.
    11-04-09 11:51 AM
    TBH I didn't consider QWERTY phones because I wanted the big screen and, let's face it, it was the thing closest to the iPhone on VZW at the time. :P

Oh well, maybe it's a case of grass is always greener, but I could definitely see myself enjoying a Tour quite a bit.
    11-04-09 12:12 PM
    If i could get a storm2 for $180 i would jump all over that deal. That is a way better deal than everyone on here thinks. I want one, and I have to wait till feb just to pay $180.
    11-04-09 06:00 PM
    i dont know i think i rather have the droid for $199.
    11-04-09 06:33 PM
    I think the offer isn't too bad. Would I like it to be $49.99? Abso-friggin-lutely. But this is the first time VZW has ever even publicly considered something like this that I know of. I tested a Storm2 out and I like it, it would take a little getting used to, though. But I'm not planning on biting, I don't really see enough of a difference, besides the obvious changes...especially now with .328. Also, with all the new BB possibilities in the future, I think I should wait it out.

However, I think the better question is, will VZW give an early upgrade to the Essex/Tour2 to current Storm1 and Tour owners?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 08:24 PM
    It needs to be sub $100 for me to go 2 more yrs.

11-04-09 08:26 PM
    I think the offer isn't too bad. Would I like it to be $49.99? Abso-friggin-lutely. But this is the first time VZW has ever even publicly considered something like this that I know of. I tested a Storm2 out and I like it, it would take a little getting used to, though. But I'm not planning on biting, I don't really see enough of a difference, besides the obvious changes...especially now with .328. Also, with all the new BB possibilities in the future, I think I should wait it out.

However, I think the better question is, will VZW give an early upgrade to the Essex/Tour2 to current Storm1 and Tour owners?

I wouldn't mind an upgrade to the Essex. The Storm 2's screen from what I've played with it just doesn't do it for me. D:
    11-04-09 08:32 PM
    Do you have to turn in your original Storm with this promotion? If I can sell my unlocked Storm on eBay for $150 or so, and make like $10 bucks for shipping and handling, it pretty much covers the Storm2. I'm only like 8 months into my contract so I wouldn't mind extending it for another 8 months.
    11-04-09 08:40 PM
    Just wait a year and you can get a S2 BOGO for $50 lol...
    11-04-09 09:07 PM
    heard the term incremental revenue? I think you'll see phone companies doing a lot more of this in the future. As hardware prices come down it really makes sense for them to get you in the store buying new stuff, re-upping your contract, buying new accessories, etc. If they can add wi-fi and sell a half million phones, that is a win. Double memory? A year from now the cost of memory is half what it is today. Also wireless tech is changing faster than they can push the garbage to you, so the newer the firmware the better for big red. With Verizon already peddling the most expensive service they need to do something to generate more revenue. Selling us a new phone every year sounds like a good strategy to me.

11-04-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD