The other night I was out and locked the screen on my Storm and put it in my purse. I kept finding it on inside my purse every time I looked. I ended up just turning it off so I wouldn't completely run out of battery. I've tried to get it to duplicate that but it seems to work when I use the lock button. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!!!
    07-13-09 11:55 AM
    I've never had that problem but you should get patternlock and you won't have to worry about it again.
    07-13-09 11:58 AM
    I haven't had that problem either, but interestingly enough, have turned it off and put it in my purse (for example, at a funeral), and found that it turned itself back on. I chalked that up to the fact that the red button probably tapped something when I was moving about. From here on out, when I really need the phone "off", I remove the battery.

Patternlock is the best!
    07-13-09 12:06 PM
    I've never had that problem but you should get patternlock and you won't have to worry about it again.
    Storm Slider works really well also..
    07-13-09 12:06 PM
    Like everyone else said go with pattern lock. It's amazing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 12:07 PM
    The other night I was out and locked the screen on my Storm and put it in my purse. I kept finding it on inside my purse every time I looked. I ended up just turning it off so I wouldn't completely run out of battery. I've tried to get it to duplicate that but it seems to work when I use the lock button. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!!!
    Question, did you ever install a 3rd party app that locks your phone, like StormSlider? If so, that might be causing it. I had StormSlider on my Storm, and I uninstalled that app (thought it was the cause of my memory leak), pressed the lock button and it would not lock. I ended up wiping out my Storm and reinstalled .148. That fixed my problem.
    07-13-09 02:16 PM
    The lock button is notorious for being non-functional, so you should probably get a 3rd party program. I personally "like" Patternlock ('like' is a strong word, since I would prefer if the lock button just functioned as it was supposed to)
    07-13-09 02:51 PM
    I had that problem but upgrading to .148 fixed it for me. Have you upgraded to that yet? If so maybe try reinstalling it.
    07-13-09 03:39 PM
    You could also get one of the BB cases that put the phone on standby while it's inside the case and turns on when you take it out. They sell them for 9.99 at WalMart
    07-13-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD