My Storm has decided it longer will recognize the memory card. I tried a battery pull but no luck. Any other suggestions? Thank you.
    07-08-09 09:06 AM
    Do you have another memory card handy, see if that card is recognized, it could be your card itself.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 07-08-09 at 10:10 AM.
    07-08-09 09:13 AM
    see if your or a PC will see it, if so, move your data off it, format it with using the PC, put it back into the BB, format it using the BB, then move your data back on it. Also check your BB memory card settings.
    07-08-09 10:08 AM
    Hate 2 ask but under options > memory is menu choice remove or install memory card? If latter > install.
    07-08-09 10:13 AM
    Have you tried removing (use a pencil eraser if it's hard to remove) and then re-seating (putting it back) the card?
    07-08-09 02:51 PM
    I am having a similar problem, which I also posted about in another thread earlier today. I just bought a new memory card, since my previous one broke off inside the phone. I had a phone repair shop take apart my storm to get the broken piece out of the phone. Now when I insert the new memory card it tells me that it doesn't recognize the card and that I should reformat, so I try to reformat and get a message that says that formatting has failed. I have 2 cards that I've tried and neither work. I have also tried formatting the card on my computer then on the blackberry, but that didn't help.
    07-08-09 11:14 PM
    You should try to remove the security for your device and encryption on ur memorry card option from ur bb.
    Then format the memorry card. After which you enable ur security and encryption.
    Hope it works
    07-09-09 12:29 AM
    You should try to remove the security for your device and encryption on ur memorry card option from ur bb.
    Then format the memorry card. After which you enable ur security and encryption.
    Hope it works
    I get the same message that the memory card formatting has failed after I disable security and encryption. Thanks for the suggestion.

Also, when I go to the menu in the "memory" section of Options, where I am trying to format the card, there is always an option to "insert memory card" when I select this, nothing happens. If I go back to the menu it will still say "insert memory card"
    07-09-09 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD