My husband and I are eligible for our new every two $100 credit with Verizon (with a new 2year agreement) and have the 8830 WE now. Hate it. No camera, no java, bla bla bla.

SO, we are trying to decide to do the CURVE 8330 (free after rebate) or the Storm $99.99 after rebate.

I have seen a lot of negative information here regarding the storm, and just want a nice phone that works! We really like the look/appeal to the storm, but if it is a hassle??? IDK...

Features we need are:

Camera
    Viewing videos on youtube, etc
    Email
    Faster Web Surfing
    More realistic internet

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks!
    12-09-08 12:17 PM
    Well my little sister has a curve and I had a pearl and have a storm now and would
    say that as far as the features you want I would definitely go with the storm
    Amidst the mass of negative reviews I have had my storm since day one and absolutely love it!
    One thing for sure though as you might have read the camera on the storm takes
    Great pictures but has a pretty long lag time. And I might be wrong, but to my knowledge
    The curve does not even have the ability to watch youtube videos and your overall browser
    Experience on the storm is going to be FAR superior to that of the curve. That my 2
    Cents! Have fun!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 12:33 PM
    1. go to the store and check them out.

My .02:
    Curve = better for email/typing
    Storm = better for internet/media

camera is a disaster on the storm

thread closed.
    12-09-08 12:36 PM
    I had the 8830 before and the 7303 before that. I loved both phones. When I got my storm I hated it, but I am learning to love it. Most of what I do is email and from what I've read people love it for media use. If you bang out 300 emails a day, you might want to look at both. If you use it for light email or personal use, I'd go for the Storm.
    12-09-08 12:39 PM
    I replaced my curve with a storm and I love it. Just my two cents.

12-09-08 12:40 PM
    Storm will offer you a better camara, better browser, larger screen and better media. Curve will offer those as well (not as good) but the big difference is the Curve is reliable and works 99.9999% of the time. You can watch YouTube on Curve.

Video on the storm is horrendous causes lockups and doesn't work properly. The majority of negative things you find on the Storm are for a reason most of them are really bad devices.
    12-09-08 01:05 PM
    I had the 8830 and while typing takes time to get used to on all devices, i found pressing a key on the 8830 is less troublesome than pressing a virtual key on the storm. You have to learn that depending on which finger you use to type, the angle you push is going to decide between the right key and the wrong key. When you are in landscape and have the full keyboard, you can only see one or two lines of the screen and scrolling is cumbersome when all you have is half an inch to scroll.
    I am going to wait until day 29 of my 30 days to decide if i am going to keep it.
    Good luck.
    12-09-08 01:27 PM
    Storm will offer you a better camara, better browser, larger screen and better media. Curve will offer those as well (not as good) but the big difference is the Curve is reliable and works 99.9999% of the time. You can watch YouTube on Curve.

Video on the storm is horrendous causes lockups and doesn't work properly. The majority of negative things you find on the Storm are for a reason most of them are really bad devices.

Correction, the video RECORDER is currently horrendous. The video PLAYBACK is insanely good. I put several movies on mine, and they look like they're in HD.
    12-09-08 01:29 PM
    since the .75 it has made a big difference on this phone.

i recieve about 10 to 15 emails a day with now problem..i go thru them with just an easy swipe of my finger..lol

camera?? takes good pix/barely use it(shouldnt be a deal breaker

m.youtube.com for you vids

when you get the storm theres a feature where u can set up ur browser on internet explorer, firefox or bb(mobile views)

the typing is extremely easy and fast..it is just a matter of getting used to it..people had the same issue with the Iphone..

i used my $100 credit to get the storm..no regrets yet eventhough i had to get a new storm due to screen issues...new screen makes a huge difference..lol

later
    12-09-08 02:33 PM
    I appreciate your replies. We went tonight and ordered 2 of the storms...and hope to get one that will have the newest OS, and a good screen! Verizon says it has a one year warranty...I do have 30 days to try it, and to return it they have a new policy of $35 restocking fee within 30 days Boo...

If I hate this phone, I will be getting the pink curve

Thanks again!
    12-09-08 11:01 PM
    Features we need are:

Camera
    Viewing videos on youtube, etc
    Email
    Faster Web Surfing
    More realistic internet

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks!
    Load up OS4.5 on your 8830 to get everything (including BBMaps aGPS) but the Camera function. Then wait until Spring when the Niagra (8830 replacement) will launch on VZW. It will be way better then the Curve and have twice as much memory as the Storm and same functions minus the touchscreen... for the most part.
    12-09-08 11:10 PM
    Web browsing on the Storm (in my opinion) is 10 times better than my curve. I think quite a bit faster too. Movies are pretty awesome on the storm. I love mine.
    12-09-08 11:24 PM
    Load up OS4.5 on your 8830 to get everything (including BBMaps aGPS) but the Camera function. Then wait until Spring when the Niagra (8830 replacement) will launch on VZW. It will be way better then the Curve and have twice as much memory as the Storm and same functions minus the touchscreen... for the most part.
    Yes the Niagra. Can't wait for that one.

12-09-08 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD