Hello All:

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I have had a bb for a while now but was with NEXTEL. Been a customer for many years and was getting tired of the service problems at my place of business so I switched my entire company over to Verizon. Ordered some storms and some dc phones. Great service at work and everywhere else wxcept for my house. although verizon initially said it wouldnt be a problem after getting my storm home realized that I had no bars. Oh well right. Even though I had no service my wife decided she wanted to switch her personal phone over to verizon so I got her a Pink Curve. To my suprise when it arrived she consistenly has 2-3 bars of service in our home. WTF !!! So I call Verizon and they send me a new storm and of course it is the same. I have no service and she has 2-3 bars. Has anyone else noticed this problem. I Love my Storm. and dont want to go to the Curve. But I dont want to keep replacing phones. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I have done all the resets, *228 *22899 just looking for someone who may have al ittle more experience to assist me with this problem.

Thanks
    01-02-09 06:11 PM
    Check to see if you have your radio set to "Automatic" chances are your house muight be in an area of low reception for the BB
    01-02-09 06:16 PM
    Ok where do I check this. Was looking in settings and couldnt find it. Should it be set to automatic or something else ?
    01-02-09 07:17 PM
    Options>Mobile Network then look at Network selection mode make sure its set to automatic

I have the 8330 thou I belive ur options should be about the same

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 07:23 PM
    yes set to automatic and 1xev. I am totally stumped by this. I can sit them next to eachother and she has 3 bars and I have nothing. I dont want to get rid of the phone but being I use it alot I think I may have to switch back to the Curve
    01-02-09 07:26 PM
    I would replace the phone one more time and then go to a Curve. Once yu have done this you can again approach Verizon and ask them to please fix the problem as now you are on your 4th phone. Once they have admitted that the problem is the Storm, you should have options.
    01-02-09 07:30 PM
    Thanks pete will call them tomorrow. Have you heard any other storm users having this issue. I searched a lot of posts and it seems many are saying they have better service with the storm. Didnt see anything like my problem though.
    01-02-09 07:33 PM
    I went through 5 Curves and have been through 2 Storms. The Curve has far superior signal strength than the Storm. I don't know if it's a difference in hardware or if signal strength might improve with additional OS upgrades.
    01-02-09 07:34 PM
    Thanks pete will call them tomorrow. Have you heard any other storm users having this issue. I searched a lot of posts and it seems many are saying they have better service with the storm. Didnt see anything like my problem though.
    I have not sen many posts claiming better or worse reception with Storms or other BlackBerrys.

I am trying to give you a lever with which to negotiate.

If you present them with incotrovertible proof that the Storm is not working for you, at home and the "tried and tested 8330" is working then maybe, just maybe they will send a technician out to your house to do some tests.
    01-02-09 07:37 PM
    Thou the Q was not directed too me bassed on what I have seen on CB it would seem like a lot of people have had a lot of different issues with the storm so I would not go for it

01-02-09 07:37 PM
    Thou the Q was not directed too me bassed on what I have seen on CB it would seem like a lot of people have had a lot of different issues with the storm so I would not go for it

Well me either but that was not what I was asked. I have an 8900.
    01-02-09 07:44 PM
    I have noticed my Curve had a lot better signal strength than my Storm. My Storm signal seems to fluctuate also. I miss my curve big time! I guess Ill just keep my storm until the Niagra is released.
    01-02-09 08:05 PM
    my storm seems to have same signal bars as other verizon phones i have, however i notice the storm does not hold onto calls when bar drops extremely low, where all other phones would.

in many years i have never had a dropped call, with my storm i have had 5 within 3 weeks.
    01-02-09 08:17 PM
    Based on that info do you think a future OS update may fix the problem ? Can it be an OS problem ? just wondering for those that are tech Geniuses.. LOL
    01-02-09 08:30 PM
    Based on that info do you think a future OS update may fix the problem ? Can it be an OS problem ? just wondering for those that are tech Geniuses.. LOL
    i have no idea, is my official answer

but ill add that im pretty tech savvy, and id say its not likely to change (im referring to my issue above). its the way the phone is built. Maybe its because my other phones were dumb-phones? I dont know. But i doubt it will change as there are much more urgent issues on the table
    01-02-09 08:38 PM

but ill add that im pretty tech savvy, and id say its not likely to change (im referring to my issue above). its the way the phone is built. Maybe its because my other phones were dumb-phones? I dont know. But i doubt it will change as there are much more urgent issues on the table
    I have to agree with you on the dumb phone thing when I was with nextel I carried a BB and had all the other phones and never was pleased until now. I just wish the service was better at home. I am going to try to get e tech out. Who knows maybe the "can you hear me now " guy will come for a cup of coffee
    01-02-09 09:04 PM
    My brother has the storm, it has horrible reception--- My curve gets great reception when his doesn't. May want to switch back to the curve, what's the use of having a phone if you can't use it!
    01-02-09 09:52 PM
    My curve got better reception than my storm does. I notice my phone saying 1x often and my curve barely did. I still have good service though.
    01-02-09 10:02 PM
    I was so excited to get my storm...had the 8820 at AT&T..switched to verizon for the storm...now I just ordered the curve and sending the storm back. WAY to many problems. Screen tap, freezing, answering calls, reception, crappy typing, etc. The storm just is not what a Blackberry should be. I am looking forward to getting the curve 8330.
    01-02-09 10:21 PM
    I'll add my 2 cents on this one. I live out in the country and usually have 1 or 2 bars inside our home. We have had Nokia phones in the past and all worked fine here. My wife and I purchased Storms on Black Friday, brought them home.. and they barely work here. For all practical purposes they're unusable. Yesterday my wife finally got tired of fighting with her's and traded it for a Curve. Low and behold, works fine. Holds calls inside the house with only 1 bar. The Storm's reception in our case is CERTAINLY worse than the curve.
    Makes me sad, I still don't want to get rid of it!
    01-02-09 10:34 PM
    ive had no probs.... one minor with the Storm but hasnt happened again.... as for reception i have NO problem with it either.... i have both the Curve 8330 & the Storm and reception is just fine.... it is most likely your phone.... ive included a pic just so you dont think im just "sticking up for the Storm" lol.... maybe i got " lucky" and got a good one??!!

EDIT: i live in a small town which is considered "country".... Verizon has the best reception IMO around here.
    Last edited by touch_my_storm; 01-02-09 at 10:49 PM.
    01-02-09 10:47 PM
    I have both the Storm and the Curve and the curve has slightly better reception.
    Options>Mobile Network then look at Network selection mode make sure its set to automatic

I have the 8330 thou I belive ur options should be about the same

01-02-09 10:59 PM
    I was so excited to get my storm...had the 8820 at AT&T..switched to verizon for the storm...now I just ordered the curve and sending the storm back. WAY to many problems. Screen tap, freezing, answering calls, reception, crappy typing, etc. The storm just is not what a Blackberry should be. I am looking forward to getting the curve 8330.
    you won't be disappointed! The curve is a great phone, way better than the storm.
    01-03-09 08:18 AM
    thanks everyone for your input. I will be calling Verizon today. Maybe I will try one more storm. I am just getting tired of switching everything back and forth and redownloading the ringers. LOL Thanks again for everyones input
    01-03-09 09:27 AM
    Well I took your advise called Verizon and what a waist of an hour and a half. Two Sustomer Support Representatives and three supervisores later they agreed there was a problem after I took a screenshot on my wifes BB and emailed it to the supervisor to show him the difference in the devices service. The one representative called me a liar !!!! WTF right. So finally a supervisor decided to send me out a BB Curve to replace the storm. It should be here Wed. I actually had to threaten to close our Corporate Government account to get somewhere. Thanks everyone for your input.
    01-03-09 01:22 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD