I have a Curve and love it. If there was an application for me to marry it, I would. Would that being said, should I upgrade to the Storm? I have heard horror stories but have never had a chance to get one (other than the demo) in my hands to judge for myself. Any feedback you could give would be greatly appreciated.
    02-12-09 11:13 AM
    I have a Storm and love it. If there was an application for me to marry it, I would.
    02-12-09 11:26 AM
    Just like everything else it is going to be a matter of your personal preference. I've never had a BB before the storm so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I love mine. You have 30 days from the purchase to return the phone, get one and test it out, if you don't like it then send it back.
    02-12-09 11:30 AM
    I have had a few bb's. i swapped from the curve to the storm the first day it came out. and wow I was disappointed - the curve in my eyes is one of the best phones from Verizon - and seems to be that way for a while!!!

I have been working with the storm since day one and now have the .103 update and things still aren't working out the way I hoped. It really slows down the processing of text and email (which happens with any touchscreen) - nevermind the freezing it does 2 or 3 times a day.

I am glad i still have my curve so that i can switch back to.. which i am doing today, but the only thing i will definitely miss about the storm is the camera it is definitely a super bonus to that phone.

thats kind of my 2 cents - but as you will see some people love it and others like myself are eh.... no excited about it
    02-12-09 11:47 AM
    I like new things. Curve is too dated

Heck there's an 8900 already with a 3g version on the horizon. Who wants to settle for the 8300 curve??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 11:59 AM
    just switched back from the Storm to the 8320 Curve, the WiFi and the physichal keyboard (themes etc..) sealed the deal 4 meh.
    02-12-09 12:04 PM
    Nearly impossible to compare the two. If you don't want the great extras of the Storm (larger screen, superior GPS/internet/media player, touch screen) AND you do lots of texting, you should stick with the Curve. You will never, ever be happy with touch screen typing if you are used to hard keys.

Don't factor in the supposed instability issues. The vast majority of these problems are a direct result of users "upgrading" to leaked, BETA OS's and 3rd party apps. Wait for official releases and only use 3rd party apps you absolutely need, and you will be fine.
    02-12-09 12:05 PM
    Nearly impossible to compare the two. If you don't want the great extras of the Storm (larger screen, superior GPS/internet/media player, touch screen) AND you do lots of texting, you should stick with the Curve. You will never, ever be happy with touch screen typing if you are used to hard keys.

Don't factor in the supposed instability issues. The vast majority of these problems are a direct result of users "upgrading" to leaked, BETA OS's and 3rd party apps. Wait for official releases and only use 3rd party apps you absolutely need, and you will be fine.

i cant agree... i've had many BB's and this is by far the best one texting and emailing is as easy as ever... all it takes is getting used to after a week it should be pretty simple to text
    02-12-09 12:20 PM
    I will never go back to a curve. The Storm is the best. I'm still running .65 or whatever was the first official release. No freezes, no problems. Only issue is the camera is a little slow.
    02-12-09 12:53 PM
    Getting acclimated to the keyboard doesn't take too long

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD