Hi
    Im new to the site and you have probaly heard and answered thus question
    I have the new bold 9700 great little phone a biy hard to type with at first as the keys are small,great reception Im a tradesman and I can go into a basemant mechanical room and I still get service,but my other phone the 9530 storm looses srevice pretty easy in buildings,and Idea why?the first generation storm is easy as pie to type and send emails ect,my question is do you think the storm 2 would have better in building reception?? I gues Im looknig for that silver bullet the iphone users seem to have the creature comforts my bb lacks but Im not a fan of the iphone,I have also heard that blackberry is developing a phone to rival the iphone called the thunder,anyone???
    03-17-10 06:19 PM
    The "Thunder" was just the pre-release name for the Storm. I'm not aware of any iPhone-esque devices being developed by RIM at this time.

As far as reception, I don't know what to say. Are your Bold and Storm both connected via the same carrier, or different carriers? Are they both configured to use the carrier network identically, or are the settings different?

I have a BlackBerry Storm 9530 and, while I do have some complaints, coverage is not one of them. A few weeks ago I took a vacation to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. It was a group of four of us. Two had iPhones, one had a BlackBerry Curve, and I had the BlackBerry Storm. We took a boat out to an abandoned island called Portsmouth. Not only was I the only person with signal, but I had full signal. I was proud of the little guy.
    03-18-10 01:28 PM
    I have had similar experiences with my storm on trips where others has iPhones. its a good feeling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 03:12 PM
    Hi and thanks for the reply,I use the rogers network in canada for both phones,rogers wireless doesnt carry the storm and I use an unlocked verizon storm is that the issue>??that its not my carrier's phone??they support bold but not the storm
    03-18-10 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD