get my hand on the bold today, trying to find out if actual keyboard is better, it seems to me, that bold is lighter than Storm, and the Storm is better build. slightly heavier, metal batt back door, more solid than bold.

when I try the actual keyboard, it doesn't get me better feeling than storm touch screen. I am thinking that is OS catchs up, the Storm might be a better phone than bold.
    04-04-09 07:08 AM
    the storm is already better then the bold... storm doesn't have all those stupid buttons all over the phone. I can't stand having a phone with all those thigns all over it, the storm is a much better phone
    04-04-09 07:29 AM
    get my hand on the bold today, trying to find out if actual keyboard is better, it seems to me, that bold is lighter than Storm, and the Storm is better build. slightly heavier, metal batt back door, more solid than bold.

when I try the actual keyboard, it doesn't get me better feeling than storm touch screen. I am thinking that is OS catchs up, the Storm might be a better phone than bold.
    You are comparing apple to orange. They are for different dermographic. The Storm is for those who like touch screen and full-screen landscape mode (ala the iPhone) but will not go to AT&T. The Bold (and the upcoming Niagara) is for the traditional BB users who are accustomed to scrolling ball and hardware keyboard and cannot live without these features.

Please stop comparing devices that are meant for different dermographic.
    Last edited by substring; 04-04-09 at 07:46 AM.
    04-04-09 07:35 AM
    You are comparing apple to orange. They are for different dermographic. The Storm is for those who like touch screen and full-screen landscape mode (ala the iPhone) but will not go to AT&T. The Bold (and the upcoming Niagara) is for the traditional BB users who are accustomed to scrolling ball and hardware keyboard and cannot live without these features.

Please stop comparing devices that are meant for different dermographic.
    I don't know what a dermographic is, but the rest of the message is a good way to put it. I'll add that I was used to the keyboard with my Treo, see the pre-release info on "Niagra" _and_ I can still return my Storm but think I want the large screen more. At this point I have to say it's really nice to have that large screen when you have 50 year old eyes.

The videos of the 9630 here should be viewed if you're shopping. When you view then consider the screen real estate you get with the Storm. Then know that the keyboard can be out of your way in most cases and that you can type very fast and quite accurately in the SureType mode.

I do see my Storm has some OS issues, but it seems obvious that updates are around the corner and that screen is SO nice for calendar work and reading.

Then comes Bold vs. the option of the Verizon network. I'm a sys admin and have one customer site with 1300+ cel phone users spread over a large area. If anybody wants to say Verizon ____s I have plenty of evidence that it's less than their competition whether it's the actual network or the quality of their staff.

It may be easy for me to be both critical and understanding of the phones and their quirks because I have to work with different platforms and my hand held experience goes back to beta testing Apple Newton.
    04-04-09 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD