Hey everyone, So I'm buying a Storm for my GF... not really for Christmas but if I happen to get it a few days for Christmas then it will be for Christmas, if I get it in like 3 days it'll just be a gift for fun.

So my question is, When looking at a plan on Amazon, I see the Verizon Wireless Nationwide Connect 450

"Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging, Mobile Email, Unlimited Data for Mobile Web and Get it Now/Media Center,Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes,Unlimited National Calling,No Domestic Roaming or Long Distance Charges."

I see that it says Mobile Email and Unlimited Data for Mobile Web. Do I still have to get the Blackberry Plan(email/BB WEB)? I don't really understand why I would have too but when I click that plan on Amazon it asks about the BB plan and that cost another $30.

Anyways, any Verizon customers or people that know this just let me know what's happening.

Thanks a lot!
    11-28-08 11:13 PM
    From what I was told at BestBuy today, the connect is all you need. But i would call a VZW store to make sure. I believe that plan comes out to $99 correct?
    11-28-08 11:16 PM
    Hey everyone, So I'm buying a Storm for my GF... not really for Christmas but if I happen to get it a few days for Christmas then it will be for Christmas, if I get it in like 3 days it'll just be a gift for fun.

So my question is, When looking at a plan on Amazon, I see the Verizon Wireless Nationwide Connect 450

"Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging, Mobile Email, Unlimited Data for Mobile Web and Get it Now/Media Center,Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes,Unlimited National Calling,No Domestic Roaming or Long Distance Charges."

I see that it says Mobile Email and Unlimited Data for Mobile Web. Do I still have to get the Blackberry Plan(email/BB WEB)? I don't really understand why I would have too but when I click that plan on Amazon it asks about the BB plan and that cost another $30.

Anyways, any Verizon customers or people that know this just let me know what's happening.

Thanks a lot!
    That plan is for non-PDA. If you want the unlimited text messaging, you want the 450 min. Nationwide Select Plan for $59.99 and if on BIS $29.99 gives you unlimited web and e-mail (no, there is no 5GB limit). The mobile email and V-Cast is not used with a BB or PDA plan.
    11-28-08 11:16 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies. So I'd be looking at the 450 Nationwide select plan along with the BB plan which would come out to around $100 a month for that. Also, can I get the VCast Mobile TV on the Storm?

I've read that VCast with Rhapsody works but can you watch Live TV on the Storm? Like ESPN and probably my favorite(VSTV!!! lol)
    11-28-08 11:24 PM
    It's a Verizon thing.

Every blackberry on Verizon must have a data plan in order to be activated.
    11-28-08 11:24 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies. So I'd be looking at the 450 Nationwide select plan along with the BB plan which would come out to around $100 a month for that. Also, can I get the VCast Mobile TV on the Storm?

I've read that VCast with Rhapsody works but can you watch Live TV on the Storm? Like ESPN and probably my favorite(VSTV!!! lol)
    No, the Storm is not a Mobile TV capable phone. Yes, about $90 before taxes, and I would recommend the $4.99 insurance plan since its full retail is a lot more than you'll pay for it at 2 year pricing.
    11-28-08 11:26 PM
    I buy a Storm with a basic plan ($39.99) + Email & Web for Blackberry feature ($29.99) + insurance ($4.99).
    I expect to pay about $80 a month with that plan! Not too expensive!
    11-28-08 11:28 PM
    Thanks again for the really quick replies, I'm kind of bummed about the no Live TV but oh well, just seems like a nice feature to have for those very rare chances when you can't watch something at a real TV.

And yeah, I'm def getting the Insurance Plan as well, my GF tends to drop stuff quite a lot. It's a requirement for her to have a nice hefty case on her cell phones so they don't break or get scratched up easily.

Thanks everybody for the help.
    11-28-08 11:32 PM
    i was told by best buy that i could get live tv...

but like i said, talk to VZW rep in person

we know stuff, but they get paid to know stuff haha

just hope to get a rep with a brain lol
    11-28-08 11:38 PM
    i was told by best buy that i could get live tv...

but like i said, talk to VZW rep in person

we know stuff, but they get paid to know stuff haha

just hope to get a rep with a brain lol
    I'm a Call Center Rep and I can tell you 100% that the Mobile TV is not available on the Storm. I think I have a brain too.
    11-28-08 11:41 PM
    Yeah I'll ask a Verizon rep about the Live TV. I'll reply once I find out, thanks.
    11-28-08 11:42 PM
    Yeah I'll ask a Verizon rep about the Live TV. I'll reply once I find out, thanks.
    Is my post above yours invisible?
    11-28-08 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD