Got my Storm last Friday and love it. Before I got it, I seriously considered switching to AT&T for teh Bold, but I have had too many problems with AT&T in the past, so decided to re-up with Verizon, get the Storm and wait for the Niagra. I figured I could sell the Storm and pay a few hundred for the Niagra.

Now, only five days later, I am not sure if I would trade in my Storm if the Niagra came out today. I have gotten very used to typing -- actually sent out a seven paragraph email with no problems last night -- and even though the UI still looks like its made for the trackball, I think I prefer the touch screen. I have not played with the Bold a ton over the past 5 days, but I set up my wife's new curve last night and realized that I already may have gotten beyond the trackball.

FWIW, I am a power user, this is my fourth blackberry, and though I am coming from an ancient 8703e (which I really liked), I have used all of the trackball models. I just never felt the need to upgrade until the Bold and then the Storm arrived. I also have an iPod Touch, which I still prefer for browsing, games, media and other apps when I have WiFi access, but the Storm holds its own in browsing and media. I am running .83.

Just wonder whether anyone else went in with less than stellar expectations and has been as impressed as me.
    12-24-08 08:18 AM
    WOW, 7 paragraph email, yeah you seem to catch on quick, I too have not had any real issues typing (few spelling errors that were corrected anyway). My expectations were met Id say with this Storm coming from a xv6800 whick i had to soft reset often throughout the day.
    12-24-08 08:23 AM
    Yeah, you really can't beat the screen real estate on the Storm. It's really one of the big reasons I went back to it.
    12-24-08 08:25 AM
    I used the bold as my primary device for months before the storm came out. It is a fantastic device, almost perfect. However, once you get use to a larger touchscreen, it is hard to go back to the smaller screen size of other blackberrys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 08:59 AM
    I have been all over the place over the last 8 months. Started with VZW with every smart phone they offered but was lured to ATT for the IPhone 3G. Loved the screen but missed all the features, so when the bold came out I gave it shot. Great phone for the most part. Screen was amazing as was the keyboard. But I really missed the big screen so I jumped back to Verizon for the Storm. Liked the storm so much I returned the bold. It really combines the best of the Iphone and the Bold in one device.
    12-24-08 09:07 AM
    WOW, 7 paragraph email, yeah you seem to catch on quick, I too have not had any real issues typing (few spelling errors that were corrected anyway). My expectations were met Id say with this Storm coming from a xv6800 whick i had to soft reset often throughout the day.
    I find that once you get going, the size of the keypad makes it easy to type. Though the keyrate will never be as fast as a hard keyboard.
    12-24-08 09:34 AM
    Yeah, you really can't beat the screen real estate on the Storm. It's really one of the big reasons I went back to it.
    U mean u got over the gap
    I couldn't resist.................................
    12-24-08 09:52 AM
    I was impressed with the speed of the Bold, but the Storm is getting faster with each OS update. But I LOVE the screen of the storm. Even with a good physical keyboard, I would hate to go back to such a small screen.
    12-24-08 01:12 PM
    The Bold is and will always be a little faster than the Storm. That said, the Storm is a great device. But I think it's hard to truly compare as they're aimed a two different consumers.
    12-24-08 01:17 PM
    the browser on the bold just killed it for me, I couldn't take it anymore.
    I have to admit it is taking time for me to adjust to typing on the touch screen, but so far i think its much easier to type on than any other touch screen.
    12-24-08 01:55 PM
    The Bold is and will always be a little faster than the Storm. That said, the Storm is a great device. But I think it's hard to truly compare as they're aimed a two different consumers.
    That's partly my point. I am squarely withing the Bold's target demographic -- heavy corporate BES user, read and write up to 100 messages a day on my BB, reluctant to let go of physical keyboard, etc. -- and I still think I might stick with the storm even if the bold came out on VZ today.
    12-24-08 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD