Well I have had my storm since the day it was released and had all the new issues none of which made me hate the storm at all.

I loved the video features etc.

Well all was running fine then it broke.....no biggie! I had my curve still and made that active while waiting for new sorm to come to me.

Well after I got my curve reactivated it said I had 36 voice mails?!?!?

What?!!??!?!?!

I was laughing with my wife that it must be a mistake.

Well I checked and my voice box wass full and I HAD 36 MESSAGES!!

The storm never indicated I had ANY voice mails at all!

So that is a deal killer for me...that is something that I cannot live with.

EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK YOUR VOICE MAIL BOX!! Just a friendly warning.
    12-15-08 01:02 PM
    Must have been your broken phone.. Mine lets me know when I have voice mail.
    12-15-08 01:05 PM
    has to be the phone...i havent had any sort of problem like that
    12-15-08 01:06 PM
    Either a phone issue or a vvm issue..
    12-15-08 01:13 PM
    No problems with mine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 01:13 PM
    Either way, just thought I would put the warning out there.
    12-15-08 01:14 PM
    Not a phone issue. Apparently Visual Voice Mail leaves the messages on the server. So unless you deleted them, they would all still be in your inbox when you switched phones.
    12-15-08 01:29 PM
    I have had old messages come through on previous phones like that.
    Get it figured out and let us know.
    Delete visual VM and VZW Navi
    12-15-08 01:37 PM
    It's a "one-off". Never had issues with voice mail on my Storm. I'm sure others will have issues, but i'm sure it's far and few between.
    12-15-08 01:38 PM
    I used to have that issue with my Treo. For some reason the Voice Mail indicator for the VM would turn on and off randomly.
    12-15-08 01:40 PM
    I get my Voice Mails just fine.

It could possibly be an activation issue.
    12-15-08 01:40 PM
    It is most likely a VVM issue. It seems to be spotty and whether it updates the read status. I have noticed on occassion it has not updated that I had listened to a message. So, you are probably getting the message just fine - but the status may not be updating.
    12-15-08 01:43 PM
    Ive been using Visual Voice Mail and haven't noticed any bugs or issues so far. I've had the Storm since 7am on Nov. 21, so it's been nearly a month now.
    12-15-08 01:47 PM
    my phone decides at random to deliver voicemails.. one time i had 16 new messages.. it never said i had any voicemail..
    12-15-08 01:50 PM
    Maybe the voicemial indicator was not on your phone or the feature wasnt on your account
    12-15-08 01:50 PM
    delete vvm and you wont have a problem
    12-15-08 01:52 PM
    I had a similar issue when I first got my Storm. I did not setup Visual Voicemail for a few days and was not receiving any notifications that there were messages in my inbox. After activating the VVM all of the messages were there and everything is working properly.
    12-15-08 01:57 PM
    Ok, I had delete VVM since the start, so that could not be the issue.

Not having voice mail feature turned on?....come on...that is not possible.
    12-15-08 03:27 PM
    I had a problem like this on past phones. Either there was no voice mail indicator or there was a voice mail indicator that never went away after I deleted the Voice mail. It's not specific to the Blackberry, it's actually specific if you switch devices and they do not provision all of the features from your old phone to the new one correctly, in other words the VM server is sending the indicator to your old phone rather the new one. Once they "reinitialize" it, all is well.
    12-15-08 03:44 PM
    me neither. think its ur broken phone too
    12-15-08 03:50 PM
    this is a known issue with VVM. Happens to me and hundreds of others. A fix requires vzw to remove vvm mailbox on their end, rebuild it, and then it works. I have had mine rebuilt twice. VVM is becoming a real pain. When it works I love it, but one more time and it's history.
    12-15-08 03:50 PM
    I use YouMail so i never have voicemails on my storm
    12-15-08 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD