hey,

i am a peon pearl user. i convinced my gf to go BB so of course its go big or go home. ala storm was purchased yesterday and shes pretty much glued to it when shes not animal crossing (dont ask!).

ok enough background.... her new every 2 was yesterday, to the day. she did an early upgrade, i think (sorry im not familiar on the verbiage of what exactly took place) and we walked out of Verizon store with the storm, gel case, screen protectors for $255

i have heard people kicking around WAAAY lower number. $100 the lowest i have seen.

any advice from the guru's?

1 more thing. i saw the buy 1 get 1 here on CB, so naturally i asked and it had to be a shared bill. is there anyway that me and my GF can share a bill or change things around so i could get a Storm or Curve...? and (sorry this is getting long) how long before i can change back to the pearl if i dont like the storm, do i have to wait. i know i cannot just turn around and sell the storm

thanks!
    02-13-09 01:54 PM
    I'm pretty sure a part of the anytime plan changes include combining 2 plans into 1 family plan, but I could be wrong.......
    02-13-09 02:02 PM
    When I did my upgrade (I have 4 phones on my plan) I actually came out money ahead. I sold the other phone because my mother-in-law didn't want a smart phone. I also sold my pearl that was in almost new condition. All-in-all I made about $100.

But I was talking with my friend who works a Verizon and he said that it had to be on a new line or on one of the other lines that was available for upgrade in order to take advantage of the buy 1 get 1 deal.
    02-13-09 02:09 PM
    Yeah I just did that on mine and my girlfriends (now wifes) phones the only thing is it will have to be in one of you guys names. I don't know about you being able to get the free phone sounds like a call to care is in order. One thing to add though we are on the family plan now but you maybe able to keep them separate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 02:14 PM
    If she still has her old phone, you'll want to check out RIM's exchange program. The BlackBerry Trade Up Program gives you cash towards the purchase of a new BlackBerry Smartphone: Home
    02-13-09 02:15 PM
    hey,

i am a peon pearl user. i convinced my gf to go BB so of course its go big or go home. ala storm was purchased yesterday and shes pretty much glued to it when shes not animal crossing (dont ask!).

ok enough background.... her new every 2 was yesterday, to the day. she did an early upgrade, i think (sorry im not familiar on the verbiage of what exactly took place) and we walked out of Verizon store with the storm, gel case, screen protectors for $255

i have heard people kicking around WAAAY lower number. $100 the lowest i have seen.

any advice from the guru's?

1 more thing. i saw the buy 1 get 1 here on CB, so naturally i asked and it had to be a shared bill. is there anyway that me and my GF can share a bill or change things around so i could get a Storm or Curve...? and (sorry this is getting long) how long before i can change back to the pearl if i dont like the storm, do i have to wait. i know i cannot just turn around and sell the storm

thanks!

why cant you just sell the storm? youd just be stuck with the pearl for another 20 months unless you wanted to pay retail for a diff phone.

just combine bills and get on a family plan. it would be cheaper for you guys to do that. i might be doing that with my gf and getting a couple storms myself.
    Lets see..... If she is on a plan where her n2 credit was $50 or $100, then something is wrong. The Storm is on sale for $199 (no rebate) this week. Gel skins are 12.99 or 14.99 and the screen protectors are 9.99.

If her credit was $50, then her phone would be $149.99 (plus gel and protectors and tax). If her credit was $100, then her phone would be $99 (plus gel, protectors, and tax).

Something is NOT adding up, unless she does not get any type of n2 credit. If that is the case, then $199 plus 12.99 plus 9.99 and tax would be around what you paid.
    If she still has her old phone, you'll want to check out RIM's exchange program. The BlackBerry Trade Up Program gives you cash towards the purchase of a new BlackBerry Smartphone: Home
    she came from the Treo 755 (lame) phone.
    02-13-09 02:29 PM
    Lets see..... If she is on a plan where her n2 credit was $50 or $100, then something is wrong. The Storm is on sale for $199 (no rebate) this week. Gel skins are 12.99 or 14.99 and the screen protectors are 9.99.

If her credit was $50, then her phone would be $149.99 (plus gel and protectors and tax). If her credit was $100, then her phone would be $99 (plus gel, protectors, and tax).

Something is NOT adding up, unless she does not get any type of n2 credit. If that is the case, then $199 plus 12.99 plus 9.99 and tax would be around what you paid.
    ill ask to check her reciept. she was on an old treo, then I PAID retail for her 755 because verizon screwed up and said she had no upgrades or whatevers to get a discounted price. so she should be getting the $50 or $100 off
    02-13-09 02:31 PM
    p.s. Thanks for the quick responses every1
    02-13-09 02:31 PM
    Oh, I forgot, you have to be on the same account , with an elligible upgrade or add a line, to get the free one. You can either have two seperate plans on the same name or do a family share plan.
    02-13-09 02:33 PM
    why cant you just sell the storm? youd just be stuck with the pearl for another 20 months unless you wanted to pay retail for a diff phone.
    mmy right hand is weak and i cant use the storm very well and it gets VERY bothersome for me. thats why the pearl really suites me. i just wanted to possible make some $$ to pay for hospital bills or school

Oh, I forgot, you have to be on the same account , with an elligible upgrade or add a line, to get the free one. You can either have two seperate plans on the same name or do a family share plan.
    so we can put our plans together and still have separate plans and just pay the bill together?
    02-13-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD