i got the code from verizon, i went through the steps uf unlocking it, i dont have another sim to test it with, but what do i do now?
    05-01-09 04:27 PM
    you get a sim to test it
    lol
    05-01-09 05:00 PM
    Congrats?
    05-01-09 05:01 PM
    When you have an opportunity check that it works with a sim from another carrier. Why did you get it unlocked?
    05-01-09 05:01 PM
    So someone tell me this, please. I am regularly in an area where the verizon coverage is abysmal at best.

If I get the Storm unlocked and find a SIM card from the podunk local cellular carrier, will the phone work? Does the carrier have to be cdma? Or does the SIM make it gsm?

Will the BlackBerry service work? Or does that need more information to determine?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 07:20 PM
    If I get the Storm unlocked and find a SIM card from the podunk local cellular carrier, will the phone work? Does the carrier have to be cdma? Or does the SIM make it gsm?

Will the BlackBerry service work? Or does that need more information to determine?
    Yes your unlocked Storm + podunk SIM will work on podunk's GSM service. Getting the Storm to work on another CDMA service is much harder, and usually requires the new CDMA provider to accept your Storm on their network.

BB service requires that your podunk account be provisioned for BIS/BES and have the relevant service books.
    05-01-09 07:34 PM
    So it sounds like the answer is yes, but it isn't easy.

I may be Better to put a yagi on top of the house and put in a repeater.

At least then I have a one time cost instead of monthly servicd charges from podunk.

MB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by michaelbsc; 05-02-09 at 09:03 AM.
    05-02-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD