I followed the instructions exactly, now I cannot get a connection. I switch my sim card back to my old phone and it works fine. Basically I cannot even connect to the network, so email and sms are a moot point right now. Anyone have any ideas of what I am missing to be able to connect to the Tmobile network in Northern California?

This might be of value but I am a rookie at doing this so it might be worthless.

When I start up the Storm it searched for UMTS network, which is different as my pearl does not do that. I checked under options the one that looks different is the Mobile Network one, which under mobile network has *none*. When I highlight it gives me options for diagnostic test or tools. I do a diagnostic report and it says the APN list is empty. But I put that wap.voicestream.com in so I do not think it is that.

Since my pearl track ball is stuck I am phoneless at the moment, any help appreciated!
    04-01-09 03:22 AM
    I figured it out, it was set to 3G and I guess I do not have access to Tmobiles, hmm wonder if I can have them change that for me?
    04-01-09 03:38 AM
    Your device doesn't support T-Mobiles 3G band, nothing you can do. You have a EDGE only device. That's it.
    Same as any other Storm user using a unlocked device on a US/Canadian network, the Storm only supports European 3G bands.
    04-01-09 04:11 AM
    As I said before the storm does not support AWS 1700/2100 which is tmobile 3g

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD