Just got my Storm unlocked through Verizon and had ATT put it on my account. The lovely lady re-sent all my service books and changed the PIN on my account.

Emails are coming through, voice is working. Went outside and tried Google Maps just for fun...surprise surprise it WORKS!! Locked into my location in under a minute! So I guess it is locked through Verizon??

Maybe I'm biased (or very happy) but the Storm seems to be running MUCH faster with GSM service. Transitions are smooth, no lag on the keyboard, and the voice seems louder and fuller. But I've been with ATT for >10 years so I probably just heart them!!

The only thing that sucks though is I can't get 3G service. But I can live without out for now.
    11-26-08 03:46 PM
    I Call Bs...............
    11-26-08 03:56 PM
    Well he posted the same info on HoFo but again I'll ask here in case he checks here more often then not but how can AT&T have service books for a phone that doesn't exist for them? Can you even use the browser?
    11-26-08 03:57 PM
    Congrats that you have it working well.

What's the accuracy radius that you have in Google Maps?

And the "no keyboard lag" seems to me like a placebo effect. There should be no link between keyboard lag and the network you're on.
    11-26-08 03:57 PM
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    11-26-08 04:02 PM
    Well he posted the same info on HoFo but again I'll ask here in case he checks here more often then not but how can AT&T have service books for a phone that doesn't exist for them? Can you even use the browser?
    Thats what I'm asking myself, how could he get the books if they don't exist for that device on ATT? PICS or it didn't happen.
    11-26-08 04:05 PM
    you ATT& T guys want it all. We finally got something for Verizon that we can brag about and you take it from us. Can't you be happy with your UPhone?

Oh well,
    11-26-08 04:12 PM
    I know someone who is using their storm on their AT&T account, he just went through the steps he found on this site about unlocking his sim.

So to you Shahkg, I believe you.
    11-26-08 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD