Hi all, new to the Crackberry forums. I just had one question.

I'm getting the Blackberry Storm this friday and I tested and liked the SurePress touchscreen. But is it possible to type fast on this thing? Not like lightning fast but decently fast? I know some people say its hard because you have to wait for the screen to come back up but I've also seen videos of people typing fast.

Thanks!
    09-19-09 09:03 PM
    A million people could say yes, it's fast, but it's completely subjective. I'll be number one; yes, it's fast, in my opinion. Once you're used to it, it's just like a normal keyboard. It didn't take long to get adjusted, but you've really got to just try it for yourself. VZW gives you 30 days, but you'll know in far less than that if it's for you or not.
    09-19-09 09:05 PM
    A million people could say yes, it's fast, but it's completely subjective. I'll be number one; yes, it's fast, in my opinion. Once you're used to it, it's just like a normal keyboard. It didn't take long to get adjusted, but you've really got to just try it for yourself. VZW gives you 30 days, but you'll know in far less than that if it's for you or not.
    Thanks. Yeah Sasktel here in Saskatchewan also gives 30 days so I'll see.
    09-19-09 09:09 PM
    I have no issues typing on mine. It's a learning curve, but once you get used to it, you'll do just fine.

I understand the argument behind the fact that the screen rebound time would slow down typing speed, but quite frankly, the lapse is small enough that I honestly couldn't see it holding me back unless I doubled my typing speed.

Welcome to CB!
    09-19-09 09:11 PM
    Thanks. Yeah Sasktel here in Saskatchewan also gives 30 days so I'll see.
    Condolences as well on being in Saskatchewan.
    09-19-09 09:12 PM
    I can type pretty fast on my storm after applying the Torx fix for the sticking screen. If you have any trouble clicking your screen do a search here for torx and you'll find an easy way to address the problem.
    09-19-09 10:15 PM
    I love the SureType I just started to use it. But before I always used the full keyboard which made me type fast but not to fast and then I swiched to SureType and now I type mad fast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 11:06 PM
    Hi all, new to the Crackberry forums. I just had one question.

I'm getting the Blackberry Storm this friday and I tested and liked the SurePress touchscreen. But is it possible to type fast on this thing? Not like lightning fast but decently fast? I know some people say its hard because you have to wait for the screen to come back up but I've also seen videos of people typing fast.

Thanks!
    yes you can i have to honest it takes a little getting used too, but once you have a feel for the screen you can type almost has fast as a regular blackberry. i used to swear by the keyboards then i gave the storm a try and stuck with it for a week or two everything else is history. just make sure you play with the setting so you make it run like you want it. and this is coming from a guy who hates touch screen phones .
    09-20-09 01:17 AM
    It takes a bit of getting used to but now I feel I type as fast as I used to with my voyager

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 01:18 AM
    I like the typing... but I'm nowhere NEAR as fast as I was with my enV... and being drunk is twice as hard... which is a big pain with college. lol...but yeah, it's a little it of getting used to.
    And why don't you just wait for the Storm 2?
    09-20-09 02:05 AM
    I like the typing... but I'm nowhere NEAR as fast as I was with my enV... and being drunk is twice as hard... which is a big pain with college. lol...but yeah, it's a little it of getting used to.
    And why don't you just wait for the Storm 2?
    I'm not gonna wait for the Storm 2 because here in Saskatchewan phones come out so expensive for 3 year plans and I don't have that kind of money. Also the Storm 1 is now at a great price so I'm gonna take advantage of it.
    09-20-09 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD