I'm getting pretty good at it, but then again there is always someone better. I would like to see some videos on Storm users who are swift and accurate typers. Lets the games begin. . .
    01-05-09 08:36 AM
    My thumbs are too big.
    01-05-09 08:46 AM
    i'm pretty good, getting better, but i notice i go too fast sometimes and the screen is already depressed from the previous click. hopefully at somepoint when a new storm comes out they increase the rebound rate on the screen.
    01-05-09 08:51 AM
    I was getting really good at it until I about cut the end of my thumb off with my new cutlery I got for Xmas. Now I type half as fast. Soar thumb makes it hard to type on Storm and or use my PS3 controller.
    01-05-09 08:52 AM
    I was getting really good at it until I about cut the end of my thumb off with my new cutlery I got for Xmas. Now I type half as fast. Soar thumb makes it hard to type on Storm and or use my PS3 controller.
    Ouch, sorry to hear that. I don't know what I would do without my thumbs. Forget the rest, just the index and the thumb!! I also noticed that you have to use a certain part of your thumb, and it responds much better.
    01-05-09 09:06 AM
    Lol looks like i'll be making a vid when I get home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 09:14 AM
    I've reached the point where I go too fast, and the phone can't keep up with me. I'll type out a word and have to wait for the word to appear on the screen.
    01-05-09 09:52 AM
    I've reached the point where I go too fast, and the phone can't keep up with me. I'll type out a word and have to wait for the word to appear on the screen.
    Nice, you are on a different level my friend. I do that sometimes on PC's, just a habit I guess.
    01-05-09 10:02 AM
    Nice, you are on a different level my friend. I do that sometimes on PC's, just a habit I guess.
    lol, thanks. It think it may just be a bad lag on my phone's part sometimes (running .75). Thats what I'm hoping..It gets rather annoying though..
    01-05-09 10:04 AM
    That happens to me as well. Or One letter will stay blue for a few secs while the device catches up, and I have to wait because I don't know if it caught everything I've typed. This is an OS issue, that I imagine will eventually be fixed. I am almost certain that like most of the Storm aps, reallocating additional available RAM to this application would help enormously.
    01-05-09 10:09 AM
    Im actually pretty fast, at times I get careless but majority of the times my typing is on point, an yes I agree there are times when I'm typing so fast I have to wait for the words to catch up to my actual typing.
    01-05-09 10:30 AM
    Let me ask you guys this since i don't have a Storm. If you go to options>screen/keyboard and scroll down is there a setting for Key Rate? If there is, try setting it to fast. This has helped out alot of fast typers on other BlackBerry devices. Let me know...
    01-05-09 10:37 AM
    Let me ask you guys this since i don't have a Storm. If you go to options>screen/keyboard and scroll down is there a setting for Key Rate? If there is, try setting it to fast. This has helped out alot of fast typers on other BlackBerry devices. Let me know...
    Ya, I tried that among other things and it didn't work. I actually think I read somewhere in the forum that the KeyRate setting had nothing to do with that..maybe I'm wrong..
    01-05-09 11:15 AM
    i am almost as fast as i was on my curve
    01-05-09 12:12 PM
    I'm ok on typing on the Storm now but it was challenging at first. I find myself typing faster in lanscape mode since that's the closest to the physical querty keyboards I've been using all these years.

The thing that annoys me the most is when I have to press !123 to type ? or ! mark.

I'm curious to know which typing mode other people prefer.
    01-05-09 12:15 PM
    I just started playing with portrait suretype and i think if you get used to it you could blister your thumbs typing so fast
    01-05-09 12:21 PM
    i type fairly fast... and oddly enough, when in landscape, i type more accurately when not looking at the keyboard.
    01-05-09 12:49 PM
    I am also getting used to portrait suretype mode. I find it easier to use. As I come across specific wolrds that are not in the dictionary, I add them. Slowly but surely I am becoming quite fond of portrait mode!!
    01-05-09 12:50 PM
    I'm too fast for the phone!!!!
    01-05-09 12:53 PM
    I woulda thought that changing the key rate would help, glad I know it does not...
    01-05-09 12:53 PM
    I woulda thought that changing the key rate would help, glad I know it does not...
    Well I think we were all under that impression. Does anyone REALLY know what that does?! Because I cannot tell the difference.
    01-05-09 01:06 PM

The thing that annoys me the most is when I have to press !123 to type ? or ! mark.

I'm curious to know which typing mode other people prefer.
    Let me tell you, that's not NEARLY as annoying as the fact there is no PERIOD when you use the NumLock! I mean, please. You're trying to type in an amount and there ISN'T a period for decimal places?! AND...AND there's not Tab key!

OTHER than that, I'm on par with the person who has to wait for the keyboard to catch up. Kinda annoying. I don't remember having that problem before [.85]. Didn't it keep up before?
    01-05-09 01:08 PM
    I have my days, but as one poster said, on my good days, it can't keep up with me. I got pretty good when I went through my Voyager/iPhone/Dare phase last year. It's cake on this bad boy.

And I like the term 'Stormtroopers'.
    01-05-09 01:11 PM
    I know its dangerous, but its hard to type in potrait mode while driving. I work for a verizon dealer and manage 6 locations. I'm on the road constenly and need to keep in touch. This was my main reason for going back to the curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 01:36 PM
    Well I think we were all under that impression. Does anyone REALLY know what that does?! Because I cannot tell the difference.
    Good call. The one thing I can't understand for the life of me is why a fully detailed users guide was never included with the phone. Give me a book the size of a bible, I don't care. I'd rather know what every little thing does and how I can change it..then have to go by trial and error or someone elses trial and error.

Don't get me wrong, I would have never known how to do half the things I know now without the help of this forum. However, it makes me honestly think they sat there and said "why bother putting in a manual full of details..let them figure it out for themselves and post it on a tech forum for others to learn."
    Last edited by Acousticgtarist; 01-05-09 at 02:54 PM.
    01-05-09 02:50 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD