theres been a lot of talk about this and im not sure what i should do

i have a storm and im not too happy with it and i feel i would like the tour a lot more

has anyone switched and is it worth it?

also im with bell and does anyone know if they allow trade-ins?
    07-19-09 02:17 PM
    If you are not happy with the Storm and think the Tour is more for you then give it a try and switch. There is no need to stick with a phone if you are not happy with it.
    Don't know how Bell handles trade ins, but you could just go to a store and ask...
    07-19-09 02:36 PM
    Its simply a matter of personal opinion. If the Storm is not to your liking, then switch. You're going to get a few opinions either way, in the end none of them really matter, its purely up to you and what you're comfortable with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 02:42 PM
    I enjoy using my Storm a lot better then the Tour. I was an inch away from mulifruing into the Tour but im very glad I held off. Ill be waiting for the s2 now!
    07-19-09 02:56 PM
    Another thread to be taken over by tour fanboys until they get beaten back with facts. Yay! O.T. the storm is definitely not for everybody and if you don't enjoy it you should trade it for the tour. If you like the tour less you still have 30 days to switch back, so give it a shot. Nobody should stick with a phone they don't like. I hope everything works out for you.
    07-19-09 03:10 PM

i have a storm and im not too happy with it and i feel i would like the tour a lot more

im goin thru the same decision, but im on verizon...i asked the same question to verizon, "do u do trade ins" and i was told no. i dont know if bell has the same policy as verizon but at verizon there is a 3 replacement phones within 90 policy which is how im gettin my bb tour. good luck
    07-19-09 03:11 PM

To each his/her their own. I personally have The Storm 9530 and love it, however alot of people don't. It's just a matter of personal preference.
    The touchscreen is not for everyone.
    07-19-09 03:30 PM
    Another thread to be taken over by tour fanboys until they get beaten back with facts. Yay! O.T. the storm is definitely not for everybody and if you don't enjoy it you should trade it for the tour. If you like the tour less you still have 30 days to switch back, so give it a shot. Nobody should stick with a phone they don't like. I hope everything works out for you.
    Haha yeah pretty much..Ive played around with the tour for hours and yes I like it but when its all said and done I enjoy the storm a lot better, and its very important for me to have fun with my device because damn it gets boring at my job sometimes! lol
    07-19-09 03:34 PM
    To each his/her their own. I personally have The Storm 9530 and love it, however alot of people don't. It's just a matter of personal preference.
    The touchscreen is not for everyone.
    I love the touchscreen! I hate how slow the phone is! I'm ordering my tour on the 1st of August!

07-19-09 05:16 PM
    I had the same question myself. I HATED the touchscreen on my storm. I did an alternative upgrade through Verizon and got the Tour last week. So far, I love it, texting is a LOT easier, and everything runs smoooooooth for me. I changed the 2 GB card to an 8GB immediately. Hope this helps...remember "jellyfish have no conscience"
    07-19-09 07:05 PM
    See ya. Good luck.
    07-19-09 08:33 PM
    I'd say that it depends on why you are not happy with the Storm. If it is because you want a physical keypad, then the Tour might be the way to go.

I purchased the Tour about a week ago for my wife. With that being the case, I have been able to use both. In my case, I still prefer the Storm over the Tour. I really like having the larger screen.

Personal choice.
    07-19-09 08:39 PM
    I switched from the Storm to the Tour last weekend. I loved my Storm, but just got frustrated with the missed calls and the batt pulls. When it froze, it always seemed to be at just the worst possible time.
    I love the Tour. So far, it seems to work perfectly. Having said that, I still miss my Storm and had it not had problems, I'd still have it.
    If you are having problems with the Storm, I'd say give the Tour a try. Each phone has it's plusses and minuses. If it doesn't work for you, as someone mentioned, you can always switch back!
    Good luck!
    07-19-09 08:54 PM
    I came from storm to the Tour. Best move I ever made. The Tour is by far the best blackberry out on the CDMA market right now. The Tours OS is extreamly impressive with out fast it is. double the memory of the storm. and the quailty of the Tour is a lot better then the storms. I had the storm since day one up until the Tour and I can't believe how much better the Tour is and its only 1 week old!
    07-19-09 09:29 PM
    Eh to each their own. I love the big screen on my storm! But if you don't like it get the tour. Its just a phone no need to lose sleep over it lol.

07-19-09 09:35 PM
    I love the touchscreen! I hate how slow the phone is! I'm ordering my tour on the 1st of August!

Make sure you come back and troll the storm forums. If you need help with that, just ask mjbesen.
    07-20-09 12:38 AM
    I was at the Verizon Store at 7am and they did not open untill 10am. I figured it was going to be the same demand as the storm. For the Storm I was in line since 4:30am and first in line on both release dates. I was tired of all the issues with the storm. I am a heavy user and usualy start my second battery arround 2pm. Well I got the Tour and boy was I dissapointed. Yes it has a beautiful screen and it is a very smooth operating system and lots of memory. But it did not cut it. How can you go from a HD plasma/lcd 60" TV to a 10" LED it does not work. I use the web alot and to navigate with the curser like I am picking at the screen with a toothpick. With the storm just a tap and it would enlarge. yes there are alot of shortcuts in the keyboard but everything is just so small. I know the blackberry os like the palm of my hand but the future is in the Storm. With all the new os s that are being released and new storm. I think that it is to your best interest to wait for the new storm. Also this weekend my brother in law asked me what phone to get. He is on sprint I told him to give the palm pre a chance. I programmed it for him and got to play for 3 hrs. It did not convince me. Screen is much smaller. to slide phone open it is hard. Yes the Os has alot of bells and it seems very apealing, but it does not cut it. All the aps on Blackberry are more smoother. The blackberry is a winner and I have returned the Tour. The rep at the verizon store could not believe it. Yes Every phone has issues and the main problem is MEMORY. Dont you guys get it. Make me a phone where I can multi task and call and be on the web at the same time and that will be my future phone I know that is comming with 4g but lets get some phones with no lag and just press and you are there. Apple you are almost there, just get push email, removable battery, removable memory card. And most important get with the network that moves the us Verizon Wireless.
    07-20-09 12:58 AM
    i went to the tour, i love it.
    07-20-09 12:59 AM
    Yes Every phone has issues and the main problem is MEMORY. Dont you guys get it. Make me a phone where I can multi task and call and be on the web at the same time and that will be my future phone I know that is comming with 4g but lets get some phones with no lag and just press and you are there. Apple you are almost there, just get push email, removable battery, removable memory card. And most important get with the network that moves the us Verizon Wireless.
    let me guess. You havent tried .151 yet have you? Memory issue solved almost completely. No lag. Just press and im there. And yes you can multi task with the storm.
    07-20-09 01:35 AM
    Make me a phone where I can multi task and call and be on the web at the same time and that will be my future phone
    Why do you think I own a storm?
    It is the only phone I know of that can do all that at once plus IM at the same time.
    The storm is not prefect but it is very good, sometimes reading this forum I think I must have the pick of the liter cause mine just runs and runs and now with .151 it runs even better.

Only thing I need now tabbed browsing, and the tabbed browsing is coming in 5.0 so I am hanging in there.
    07-20-09 01:50 AM
    im goin thru the same decision, but im on verizon...i asked the same question to verizon, "do u do trade ins" and i was told no. i dont know if bell has the same policy as verizon but at verizon there is a 3 replacement phones within 90 policy which is how im gettin my bb tour. good luck
    You bought one phone and found you were not happy with it, assuming because you didn't say something was wrong with it that it's a personal preference thing.

So now you want a new phone and found that you can't trade your current one so you're going to lie and cheat your way to a new one, correct?

Did you ever stop to think that people that do this help ruin it for everyone including yourself? It's activities like this that raise prices and change policies to help protect the companies from loss and make it harder for those who have a legitimate problem w/a product to have problems exchanging it for another that works.

Why not consider doing the stand-up thing? First the hard part ... take a deep breath and accept the fact you happened to buy the wrong phone. Oh well ... crap happens, we all make mistakes now and then. Forgive yourself for making the mistake and then move on to tell yourself that it's ok to just go buy the phone you want, up front and legit? Oh yeah, that would cost more money wouldn't it? Gee, ever consider just living w/the phone you bought until the contract is up and then buy the one you want? You'd save money and save face from being a liar and a cheat.

I really am not normally a rude person but ya know, I'm sick of people trying to get something for nothing through playing dirty games, lying and cheating because those of us who play by the rules wind up helping to pay for your crap.
    07-20-09 02:31 AM
    I had the same question myself. I HATED the touchscreen on my storm. I did an alternative upgrade through Verizon and got the Tour last week. So far, I love it, texting is a LOT easier, and everything runs smoooooooth for me. I changed the 2 GB card to an 8GB immediately. Hope this helps...remember "jellyfish have no conscience"
    What about jellyfish?

07-20-09 02:43 AM
    Make sure you come back and troll the storm forums. If you need help with that, just ask mjbesen.

What flavor Haterade you got there? The OP asked for input and that's what people are doing. No need to go off on them for it. Who cares if people drop the Storm for the Tour?? It's all Blackberry in the end. Save your whining for the apple forums
    07-20-09 03:39 AM
    What flavor Haterade you got there? The OP asked for input and that's what people are doing. No need to go off on them for it. Who cares if people drop the Storm for the Tour?? It's all Blackberry in the end. Save your whining for the apple forums
    Black cherry, thanks for asking. It really wasn't a whine it was a stating of a fact that about 50% of the people that leave the storm come back to b1tch about it. To the other 50% who will never read this, congrats on finding a phone that makes you happy.
    07-20-09 03:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD