In the last few weeks, I noticed that about 2 out of 3 times, when I try to send a msg (txt, bbm, email) or try to type in anything in search bars, web...etc etc, I could be pressing on a letter and another letter will light up and show up on the screen, or the phone will do some other random thing. The problem is really bad if I'm typing out something fairly quickly, the phone will go all crazy.

So, I'm thinking a couple things since I can't afford a new phone right now:

1) Some sort of complete factory reset like a harddrive format you would do on a computer: wipe out everything and reload everything, if that's even possible with these phones.

2) Do a screen transplant with a friend's Storm that she doesn't use anymore since she's gone to an Iphone 4.
    10-26-10 08:32 PM
    You could try a wipe and reload of the OS. Be sure to back up any information you want saved first, but the program that can wipe the phone is bbsak. For the record, when you install a new OS, the previous OS gets wiped beforehand anyway without the need for using bbsak.

As far as a screen replacement, wouldn't it be easier to transfer your data to her phone? Unless your looks to be better condition then I can see why you would want to replace the screen. I would try replacing the OS, or changing the sensitivity settings before taking apart your torch.

Many factors can affect the screen, such as humidity, heat, or even just a dirty screen. If you have a screen protector, remove it and see if that helps, could be as easy as cleaning the screen or replacing the screen protector. Hope this helps and good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 09:05 AM
    Thanks for the response.

So... how do I go about doing a full software wipe?

Her phone is a little beat up which is why I would rather keep mine. Although my speaker is crackling so I might as well just take her phone as-is.

I supposed it's possible for a screen protector to cause a problem like this but they're so thin, I don't see how it could. I'll try regardless.
    10-28-10 12:09 AM
    My storm would do the same thing. Kept getting worse as time went on too. When my wife got a new Bold I took her old Storm which did not have the same issues.

A battery pull would solve my issues but it was always a temporary solution. I chalked it up to hardware issues though, not software. Would have been a combination of both.

11-01-10 03:35 AM
    I don't believe its hardware. Mine didn't do it until after software upgrades. I'm running a hybrid OS so I don't let it bother me. Just wait a moment and it clears up. You can wipe and reload but I don't think that'll help if its the OS. Unless you have a corrupt file that's causing it.

11-01-10 05:38 AM
    Hardware issue. Replacement.

11-02-10 12:01 AM
    Yup mine does the same thing from time to time since I went to .797 doesn't happen all the time, i can live with it as the upside of 797 makes up for a few little issues.
    11-04-10 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD