Had my Storm 21 days and it seems fine. But my touch pad when texting or e-mailing seems different near the edges of the screen. the letters on the opposite side of the Black Berry buttons seem weak, not as crisp. Sorta soft to push. Is this ok ? or should I take it back for another one. I can still switch to a Curve due to the 30 day return. Please Help..

Brad
    04-21-09 01:43 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/cl...-style-184518/
    This might help out. Alot of people have had that issue you can either try to fix it or return it.
    04-21-09 01:45 PM
    Normal. If really bothers u, follow suggestions in above post.

Landscape keyboard optimally used w/thumbs at sides, no crossovers.
    04-22-09 10:06 AM
    had this EXACT problem. I was using the card fix until i got some dust under the screen. I exchanged it after I found the dust.

for all those wondering, YES your storm should always click evenly, at EVERY SINGLE part of the screen. If it doesn't bother you, obviously it's not a problem for you.

The new one I got from the store after exchanging clicks perfectly all around. I didn't even know what I was missing.
    If you're going for an exchange, make sure they let you test the one you're getting to make sure it's all gravy
    04-22-09 10:57 AM
    Thanks 4 letting me know i have a choice. I like this particular storm tho.
    04-22-09 11:08 AM
    Thanks 4 letting me know i have a choice. I like this particular storm tho.
    You can always backup all your apps, settings, contacts and all that stuff in DM. You won't even notice a difference between the old and new phones if you do a backup / restore.
    04-22-09 11:36 AM
    Installed dm last week & have yet 2 use it but appreciate info. Will do backup & consider switch. May try torque screw tweak.
    04-22-09 11:51 AM
    Installed dm last week & have yet 2 use it but appreciate info. Will do backup & consider switch. May try torque screw tweak.
    Torque screw is cool, but i just stuck a piece of thin cardboard (like from a cereal box) about 1cm wide and 1cm tall right under the battery in the center. The screen clicks perfectly now and you don't have to go screwing with the hardware.
    04-22-09 11:53 AM
    Screw trick is the way to go IMO
    04-22-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD