does anybody realize when they are texting a word such as texting it wants to auto correct it to a word that isnt even a word in the upright possition btw it wants to correct it to textunh which obviously isnt as word there are others too but thats just an example
    07-16-09 01:47 PM
    My storm likes to change texting to "testing"...
    07-16-09 01:52 PM
    yea some of the words WONT auto correct how i want them too and i have to turn it into landscape just to type a word
    07-16-09 01:54 PM
    My storm likes to change texting to "testing"...
    Just put those words in your custom dictionary, and all will be good. Texting and reffing are two words I put in there so it doesn't auto-correct it to something like the OP said or testing as you said. I abbreviate football volleyball as fball and vball when I text, so I put them in the custom dictionary also so they don't get corrected to "ball". Custom dictionary rules!!
    07-16-09 01:57 PM
    That's why there is Custom Dictionary. I've added handfuls of words already. Like LOL, and HAHA. I used LOL a lot, and it would want to change it to LOT all the time. So I had to add it. Just keep adding as you go through typing. Works great with usernames too.
    It's because your BlackBerry isn't a control freak; it acknowledges the possibility that you may be purposely trying to type a combination of letters that is not in its dictionary. The letters for "texting" fall on the same keys as the letters for "textunh," so it has to offer you the choice of entering "textunh" in case that's actually what you're trying to write.
    Why doesnt the tour do the auto correct any more?
    07-16-09 01:59 PM
    That's why there is Custom Dictionary. I've added handfuls of words already. Like LOL, and HAHA. I used LOL a lot, and it would want to change it to LOT all the time. So I had to add it. Just keep adding as you go through typing. Works great with usernames too.
    I use Doh alot (thanks Homer). It always got corrected to something, but not anymore. Forgot what it corrected to since it's been so long. Doh!
    07-16-09 02:00 PM
    Why doesnt the tour do the auto correct any more?
    No offense, really but why would you ask this in the Storm thread? I'm seeing quite a few of these type of post. There is a thread for the Tour here.
    07-16-09 02:02 PM
    How do you remove words though? For example, when I type "ha" it automatically goes to "ga." I've added "ha" to my custom dictionary, but it defaults to "ga."
    07-16-09 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD