I found a thread discussing owning both devices but no mention of tethering them. The last post was January so instead of digging it back up I started a new one. iPod Touch does not have blue tooth. Can the Storm and iPod Touch be tethered using the USB?
    07-07-09 08:38 AM
    Won't work. To Tether you need the tethering software on the device using the phone as a modem. Unless you can find some tethering software that will work on an iPod touch it won't work.
    07-07-09 09:08 AM
    In other words, there's not an app for that?

Thank you for the reply.
    07-07-09 10:03 AM
    Yes sir no app that I know of
    07-07-09 10:35 AM
    The iPod touch does have bluetooth. It does not have the necessary bluetooth protocols for tethering. Until a developer creates these using the Jailbreak, you will not be able to tether.
    07-07-09 10:58 AM
    Why would you want to do this? To tap in to the itouch's wifi? I doubt there would be enough interest to tempt a developer to do this, AND you would need 2 apps, or an app that worked on both devices. I seriously doubt we'll ever see this, but who knows?
    07-07-09 12:36 PM
    This would be handy if I wanted to access the internet on my iPod Touch while traveling. It is more a "can it be done" question.
    07-07-09 02:22 PM
    That actually makes sense. To want to tether your Storm's connection so you can browse on the iPod Touch would actually be pretty useful. Or at least good to have JUST in case.
    07-07-09 03:22 PM
    I wish I was a developer. Any word on someone working on this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 06:27 PM
    This is by far inconvienent(and im not 100% sure on this), but you could always use your laptop as the middle man. Connect your laptop to your blackberry using Bluetooth and set your laptop to brodcast as a wifi connection. Then go to your ipod to connect to the wireless network.

Like I said, idk if its 100% but from my common knowledge i do think its able to be done that way.
    08-07-09 07:26 PM
    Actually, there are a couple of modem apps for the Touch, but only available to Jailbroken devices.
    08-07-09 08:47 PM
    Actually, there are a couple of modem apps for the Touch, but only available to Jailbroken devices.
    still would probably need an app on the blackberry end
    08-07-09 08:49 PM
    This is by far inconvienent (and im not 100% sure on this), but you could always use your laptop as the middle man. Connect your laptop to your blackberry using Bluetooth and set your laptop to brodcast as a wifi connection. Then go to your ipod to connect to the wireless network.

Like I said, idk if its 100% but from my common knowledge i do think its able to be done that way.
    It's doable but why do I want to use my IPOD if my laptop is up and running. It would be cool to be able to tether directly with the Storm. The IPOD's browser give you by far a better experience.
    09-03-09 07:11 AM
    I found a thread discussing owning both devices but no mention of tethering them. The last post was January so instead of digging it back up I started a new one. iPod Touch does not have blue tooth. Can the Storm and iPod Touch be tethered using the USB?
    This theoretically would be possible with the jailbroken ipod and an app that supports dial up networking via Bluetooth. If I remember correctly, blackberry does support the DUN Bluetooth protocol. You'd just have to set up a connection to dial #777. Unfortunately I don't remember the username and password, but they're easy to find on google.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 09:50 AM
    My wife has a Samsung Omnia (with wi-fi) and a Touch. She has software on her Omnia that allows the wi-fi to be turned into a wireless access point. She connects thru to the Internet from her Touch (via wi-fi), connected to the Omnia. Both devices share the EV-DO connect.

I have every expectation that if the Storm 2 has wi-fi, then this too will probably be possible eventually with the Touch and the Storm 2. Just my hope!
    09-03-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD