According to BGR, looks like the Storm is in testing at Verizon but is a little delayed
    BlackBerry Storm goes into TA (technical acceptance) at Verizon, delayed 3-4 weeks : Boy Genius Report
    "Here�s our latest info on the BlackBerry Storm and the fate of the device on Verizon�s network: it just went into technical acceptance at Verizon which usually takes around 3-4 weeks, and the device has been delayed internally by around 3-4 weeks while they work out the kinks (read: buggy and unresponsive) and polish it up. That puts us around a mid-November launch on Verizon. We�ve double confirmed that information, so it should be pretty accurate. Additionally, we heard from someone else that they�ve increased the marketing budget for the BlackBerry Storm just to give AT&T a little kick in the nuts for delaying the Bold so much. That�s not confirmed, still probably a little true, plus we got a chuckle out of that anyway."
    09-04-08 12:54 PM
    they are delaying it because the Verizon God's need to bolt stuff down on it.
    09-04-08 12:56 PM
    That doesnt make sense because if it is already at Technical Acceptance level, then it would not be buggy or delayed. If this TA info is right, then we should have the phone around October 13th...the date we have all been hearing. Sorry BGR, but you're wrong.
    09-04-08 12:58 PM
    I sure hope BG is wrong on this. I almost went to AT&T for the Bold, but after The Storm was announced, I went ahead and stuck with VZW. I guess we'll know at CTIA.
    09-04-08 01:13 PM
    That doesnt make sense because if it is already at Technical Acceptance level, then it would not be buggy or delayed. If this TA info is right, then we should have the phone around October 13th...the date we have all been hearing. Sorry BGR, but you're wrong.
    I have to agree with you. Why would RIM send a "buggy" phone to VZW?? Doesn't make much sense.
    09-04-08 01:15 PM
    Not a buggy phone just a phone that is way to cool for VZW so they have to dumb is down and then make u pay for the cool stuff that's the rest of us will get for free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 01:20 PM

does anyone know where there are any pics of it powered on? i would like to see the device interface.
    09-04-08 01:36 PM
    Not a buggy phone just a phone that is way to cool for VZW so they have to dumb is down and then make u pay for the cool stuff that's the rest of us will get for free

Exactly- at least when T mobile does get it or you get one unlocked it should have wi-fi. Verizon from what i have read has never released a phone on there network from blackberry that has wifi so your stuck with having to get a mandatory data plan- that just plain sucks- switch to t-mobile- you'll be happy you did- no dumbed down phones here.
    Last edited by allenstu; 09-04-08 at 01:59 PM. Reason: .
    09-04-08 01:42 PM
    i so badly want to jump on the blackberry wagon

but they are making it so hard
    09-04-08 01:47 PM
    I work for a Global company and met with my Verizon Reps today...they are saying Mid to late October. Its coming!!!
    09-04-08 02:00 PM
    Exactly- at least when T mobile does get it or you get one unlocked it should have wi-fi. Verizon from what i have read has never released a phone on there network from blackberry that has wifi so your stuck with having to get a mandatory data plan- that just plain sucks- switch to t-mobile- you'll be happy you did- no dumbed down phones here.
    I would rather take a dumbed down phone on Verizon that always has great reception rather then a fully open phone on tmobile that never works with phone calls. After all, phone calls are the most important to me. Everything else is just gravy.
    09-04-08 02:23 PM
    I would rather take a dumbed down phone on Verizon that always has great reception rather then a fully open phone on tmobile that never works with phone calls. After all, phone calls are the most important to me. Everything else is just gravy.
    I tell you what- i have had verizon at my house and t mobile the last few years and have much better reception on the the t-mo. I live in a area surrounded by mountains so to get reception good here is not easy- that testifies to the fact that t mobile has a great network that they keep building. Enough said.
    09-04-08 02:25 PM
    T-mobile is stupid. VZW has been rated #1 overall best carrier for years in Consumer Reports. Enough said.

Back on topic: I dont believe VZW accepts anything until it is 100% certified (buildwise) another reason it takes so long for VZW to get their phones out to market. There is no truth to BGR's words. I have heard from numerous sources now that it will be out in October.
    09-04-08 02:30 PM
    blast these devil rumors. they better be wrong! i have 24 days and counting to return this damn curve with no internal memory and the ability to stream music for all of 10 freaking minutes! i want the storm! make it rain vzw please god!
    09-04-08 02:37 PM
    Who really knows? I know internally we got an email stating do something get something, and had a blacked out picture of the storm.... or atleast what I presume to be the storm, said as "one of our best PDA's to date" or something along those lines... so hopefully that's an indication of things to come!
    09-04-08 03:02 PM
    don't carrier bash, each carrier has both positives and negatives about them. anyway, no cdma carrier in the US has a blackberry with wi-fi, so it isn't just verizon...sprint and other cdma carriers are included in this...so, I think it's more of RIM's decision, not the carriers, to include wi-fi or not...the reason wi-fi is included in the gsm versions is because of network issues such as at&t with their unstable 3g network and tmobile is now just rolling out their 3g network nationwide
    Last edited by moni19; 09-04-08 at 03:19 PM.
    09-04-08 03:16 PM
    don't carrier bash, each carrier has both positives and negatives about them. anyway, no cdma carrier in the US has a blackberry with wi-fi, so it isn't just verizon...sprint and other cdma carriers are included in this...so, I think it's more of RIM's decision, not the carriers, to include wi-fi or not...the reason wi-fi is included in the gsm versions is because of network issues such as at&t with their unstable 3g network and tmobile is now just rolling out their 3g network nationwide
    ok that's why they disable wifi- who knew- woa!
    09-04-08 03:27 PM
    T-mobile is stupid. VZW has been rated #1 overall best carrier for years in Consumer Reports. Enough said.

Back on topic: I dont believe VZW accepts anything until it is 100% certified (buildwise) another reason it takes so long for VZW to get their phones out to market. There is no truth to BGR's words. I have heard from numerous sources now that it will be out in October.
    I will never need the #1 customer service since i have no issues with t-mobile where i need to deal with customer service- get it.
    09-04-08 03:28 PM
    It's all fine and dandy. My NE2 is a long way off anyway. Hope Crucial_X chimes in with extra info on this update (if he is allowed to of course).

09-04-08 03:46 PM
    Imo, it would be a huge mistake on RIM and Verizon's part to not include wifi. When I am at home at night I always use my wife's ipod Touch when I go outside for a cigar. The wifi signal from my house is much faster, then the Evdo signal I get on my phone.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 09-04-08 at 03:56 PM.
    09-04-08 03:53 PM
    I will never need the #1 customer service since i have no issues with t-mobile where i need to deal with customer service- get it.
    No, not best customer support, best OVERALL service provider. VZW is the way to go.

09-04-08 03:55 PM
    This isn't a carrier discussion, redirect that to another page, both companies have their upsides and downsides, leave it at that.

However, on the topic at hand. I am hoping that all these sources that say it won't goto test lab til 100 % ready is right, and someone is just stirring up commotion. CTIA is around the bin, you got another pic from me personally to tantalize ya a little longer!

As far as software goes, Honestly I wouldn't be surprised. Everything as far as OS goes has to be dedicated and totally redesigned, there are probably issues still, I wouldn't doubt that. I mean the LG dare doesn't have ESPN MVP because it has to have the software completely reworked, so we just might be running into some basics, LIKE making vz nav work on the blackberry and disabling GPS so VZW can put cash in their pocket. And who cares, they are in the business to make money, I'm glad they do it, it allows me as a consumer to know their wallets are getting fatter and they have more money to spend on things that matter, like attempting to bribe RIM into an exclusivity agreement, teehee. But I wouldn't complain if GPS was unlocked, .
    09-04-08 04:21 PM
    According to BGR, looks like the Storm is in testing at Verizon but is a little delayed
    BlackBerry Storm goes into TA (technical acceptance) at Verizon, delayed 3-4 weeks : Boy Genius Report
    "Here’s our latest info on the BlackBerry Storm and the fate of the device on Verizon’s network: it just went into technical acceptance at Verizon which usually takes around 3-4 weeks, and the device has been delayed internally by around 3-4 weeks while they work out the kinks (read: buggy and unresponsive) and polish it up. That puts us around a mid-November launch on Verizon. We’ve double confirmed that information, so it should be pretty accurate. Additionally, we heard from someone else that they’ve increased the marketing budget for the BlackBerry Storm just to give AT&T a little kick in the nuts for delaying the Bold so much. That’s not confirmed, still probably a little true, plus we got a chuckle out of that anyway."
    Enough with the magic riddles! I just want RIM to release the phone!
    09-04-08 05:45 PM
    I'd like the gps unlocked to try some of the location based apps. I have the 8830 and would like some interesting fun apps on there besides what I have now.

09-04-08 08:02 PM
    I'm really hoping for an unlocked GPS on the Storm. I really feel that it would greatly enhance the usefulness/productivity of the phone. Wifi would be nice but EVDO-A should be sufficient in most cases for me. So, GPS is more of a dealbreaker for me.
    09-04-08 10:54 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD