I'm about to go on a 1 month vacation to the Caribbean, and i plan to bring my storm with me. I recently spoke with a telus clerk and asked if there were any international plans i could get while i'm down there, they told me to call telus and ask. I was wondering if any of you guys used your storm over seas, and if so what kind of plans did you use while you were there. Your help would be much appreciated thank you.
    06-16-09 04:40 AM
    You could get a cheap prepaid SIM once you get down there and just use it for voice calls.
    06-16-09 09:33 AM
    You could get a cheap prepaid SIM once you get down there and just use it for voice calls.
    PK I think the OP does not have his storm unlocked. That is why he has to use Telus int. service.

To the op if you have the time it is better to get your phone unlocked and have get a local as (PK suggested) prepaid sim card. Telus int. Rates are a bit pricey and keep an eye on roaming charges. Telus might ding you on those.

As for me a just added international roaming to my account the last time I traveled with telus with my bb. I switched off my data during my trip. I don't know if they still offered those.
    06-16-09 09:48 AM
    Ill check with telus to see if they have those international roaming plans if not how do i go about unlocking my storm, and thank you guys for the help.
    06-16-09 11:18 AM
    Ill check with telus to see if they have those international roaming plans if not how do i go about unlocking my storm, and thank you guys for the help.
    Basically for us Telus customers, we have to get a 3rd party provider to unlock our storms. Check the Telus sub forum, there is running thread there that will answer all your questions.
    06-16-09 11:37 AM
    If you have the $35 data plan form Telus then you can get a international package added on for the time you are away. They pro-rate depending on length of time away.
    06-16-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD