as u all know telus and bell have recieved the blackberry storm.i have played with the device and i must admit i was very impressed with it.i have just baught the 8900 which is nice but hasnt hooked me like the storm did yesterday.the problem is that i am with rogers.now luckly for us rogers users we can use this device but it must be unlocked.ive searched quit a bit but unlocking a storm from telus wont be an easy find.these phones from telus are world editions so they do have sim card slots as some of the verizons do.so my questions are as follows.
    1 does anyone know if the telus storm can be unlocked????
    2 if yes can u provide some kind of link or information.
    3 can i use one of those unlock sims like turbo sim or something
    thankyou in advance
    12-15-08 05:02 AM
    no comments??????
    12-15-08 06:15 AM
    It's a world phone so not having the ability to unlock it would just be stupid. More then likely it can be unlocked, but will telus give you the unlock code that's another story.
    12-15-08 06:38 AM
    besides telus is there another unlocking service that someone can link me too .any info would be appreciated
    12-15-08 08:05 AM
    At this time I believe the only way that you COULD unlock it would be if telus gave you the unlock code, but I haven't heard of anyone successfully doing it yet.

besides telus is there another unlocking service that someone can link me too .any info would be appreciated
    12-15-08 08:16 AM
    JM,

I'm sure it's doable. You may be able to find unlock codes on Ebay, and hopefully someone here will provide the instructions to get the Rogers service books so the phone is fully functional (as they did for ATT & Tmobile). 1 word of caution, the Storm will NOT be 3G for you as the 3G GSM radios are europe only. So it'll be 2G for you, BUT that may be enough.

Also you may want to look in to breaking your contract, the discount with Telus or Bell might be enough to make it worth while. I know some folks here in the states have done that, and that way you would get the 3G.
    12-15-08 08:18 AM
    the only prob with telus is they suck when it comes to signal in basements.rogers never lets me down.my friends get cut off alot as with rogers no prob.i do see on ebay that they can unlock the storm only prob is no one claims they can for telus.i played with the device and i think it kicked ***.i am a little sceptical about keeping the 8900.it feels like a toy and it dont vibrate very hard.so whats the point of having a vibrating option on the phone if you cant feel it?anyway thanx to all for the quick replies.ill try to buy 1 anyway and see if i can get it unlocked.if not ill return to future shop and stay with my curve
    12-15-08 08:27 AM
    Sorry to disappoint you but the vibrate on the storm sucks too
    12-15-08 08:31 AM
    I know someone at Telus and can get you the unlock code Im also interested in getting the storm from telus and unlocking it ,so if you already have it give me the phones esn, I'll get you the code and then let me know if u were able to get it to work with Rogers. Im actually a fido customer, would it work with fido as well?
    12-16-08 09:13 AM
    Pls. try cellunlock.net and call them, they claim they can unlock it.
    12-18-08 09:06 AM
    hi,

i would like to know what happened with you i have mine from Bell and i want to unlock it to rogers did you manage to get the unlock code from them ?

Bell refused to give me the code...

Thanks
    12-22-08 12:44 PM
    yanni05 do you still have access to this person at telus? I would like to get the unlock code for my storm
    also question for everyone could i just ask telus for the unlock code cause I am going over seas and would like to be able to use a gsm sim card or some thing like that
    02-15-09 05:00 PM
    JM,

I'm sure it's doable. You may be able to find unlock codes on Ebay, and hopefully someone here will provide the instructions to get the Rogers service books so the phone is fully functional (as they did for ATT & Tmobile). 1 word of caution, the Storm will NOT be 3G for you as the 3G GSM radios are europe only. So it'll be 2G for you, BUT that may be enough.

Also you may want to look in to breaking your contract, the discount with Telus or Bell might be enough to make it worth while. I know some folks here in the states have done that, and that way you would get the 3G.
    first this dude is right the HSPA network of the storm is for europe only. also you will need a GSM network OS since you need your phone to take GSM as it's first netwok. (telus OS will not let you use GSM is CDMA is avalable)

BlackBerry
    UMTS/HSPA: 2100 MHz
    North America: 850 MHz GSM�/GPRS networks
    North America: 1900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    Europe/Asia Pacific: 1800MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    Dual-Band: 800/1900 MHz CDMA/Ev-DO networks
    This confirms that you will not get 3g network...

The best way to get a storm work on Rogers is to get one form vondafone and unlock it plus crack a os from the bold... and add it the touch screen plugins... (in other words take a 4.6 OS from Bold and make it a 4.7 os) so your service books works...

Well a hole lot of troubble...

(Telus does not get to your basement since it uses higer frequency network than rogers... the higer the frequency the faster the network but the less it will go trought concrete... and it is the way it is...)

anyway have fun!
    02-15-09 05:27 PM
    I've managed to get my Storm unlocked using a Turbo Sim. Works great, I have no problems with my phone and I'm able to read and use a sim card from Porta (Ecuador).
    02-25-09 07:48 PM
    I've managed to get my Storm unlocked using a Turbo Sim. Works great, I have no problems with my phone and I'm able to read and use a sim card from Porta (Ecuador).
    yes unlocked to make calls and sms but you can't use data on the gsm part with a turbo sim right?
    02-26-09 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD