Hi guys. Just wanted to see if anybody had any answers for me. I have a Toshiba Regza tv, with a usb port. My question I was wondering is, is there a way to watch my movies on my Storm on my tv? I have hooked it up to the tv with Mass Storage mode on and I can get my pics to display and music to play, but the videos wont come up any where. Is it even possible? I know the the picture wouldnt be that good on the tv coming from my storm but I would like to atleast give it a try and see what its like. Thanks for any help peeps.
    10-05-09 12:23 PM
    I don't think this is possible, no.
    10-05-09 12:25 PM
    Yea that's what I was thinking. Was just hoping maybe someone had figured anything out or played with it. Would be sweet tho huh? :0) Well on another note, maybe I'll try to hook it up to the PS3 with Mass Media and maybe copy it to the PS3. hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm. Ill try that tonight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jayharper08; 10-05-09 at 12:34 PM.
    10-05-09 12:28 PM
    I don't believe the Storm has video out capabilities. Copying it to the PSP may work though..
    10-05-09 02:20 PM
    I used mine thru xbox 360. It shows it as another drive and then let you play what you want....
    10-05-09 04:52 PM
    Ooo. Now that I did NOT know. Now I'm even more glad that I got an 8Gb card for mine. Thanks for the tip!
    10-05-09 05:08 PM
    Some TV's have the capability to watch videos using USB, but not using video out.

Like my TV, I can plug my blackberry into it and view photos and file directories, and thats about it. I think some higher end TV's should be able to play AVI's or MP4's from a USB device. Check your TV's manual to see if it can/how to.

If your asking if the BlackBerry can do it, yes it can just as long as your TV can, just like how your computer can watch videos from the BlackBerry or any storage device.
    10-05-09 06:09 PM
    Thank you Itaku. You would think with as much as this d#@% tv cost it would,lol. Ill check my manual. Never thought to actually read directions.
    10-05-09 08:05 PM
    FYI, the PS3 method will fail unless you create a new folder structure; that's no guarantee though that it'll work then.

10-05-09 08:21 PM
    I would also check File formats for the Video Files. If you can see Pictures etc, it could just be a format issue. Make sure the Videos are Encoded in a Format the TV supports

Thanks for the 360 tip, I never knew that!!!! I probally wont use it much since i have a deidcated PC hooked up to my TV with a VGA cable, but thats still cool to know.
    10-05-09 10:03 PM
    Didn't get a chance to try tonight, with Monday night football and all. Ill play around with it soon and report back. Thanks peeps.

10-05-09 10:54 PM
    Philip, any idea on what to name the folder or ext. so the PS3 will find it?
    10-06-09 04:26 PM
    I used mine thru xbox 360. It shows it as another drive and then let you play what you want....
    Did not know that..
    10-06-09 04:32 PM
    Well turns out I needed to post this in the PS3 forums I guess. I'm just downloading them and transferring them to the PS3. Pretty easy and nice tho. Just download from blackberryreadyvids and copy them on the PS3 if anyone wants to know. Thanks for the help!
    10-06-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD