I unlocked my storm and it is working on T-mobile.. problem is the orginal owners number (my wife on verizon) is still written as "my number: xxx-xxx ... on the top of the PHONE application. SOO now i cannot call my wife's number becuase I automatically get to her voicemail- as if she was dialing her vmail from her regular phone.

Question?? How do I get "My Number: xxx-xxx .." to change and add my Tmobile number in there?
    I have all the links in SETUP with no luck.

Also..
    I have a sidekick2 plan -- is it useless with the BB?
    01-16-09 08:07 PM
    Moved. This doesn't bellong in the Storms' OS sub-forum.

Go to Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card>Phone Number and change it.
    01-16-09 08:11 PM
    More importantly..how did you unlock your phone from Verizon to T-mobile. My company is forcing us to go from Verizon to T-mobile..Not happy about it..but it will be free. Free is good...but even better with the Storm.
    01-16-09 08:13 PM
    More importantly..how did you unlock your phone from Verizon to T-mobile. My company is forcing us to go from Verizon to T-mobile..Not happy about it..but it will be free. Free is good...but even better with the Storm.
    been mentioned a lot lately. there are basically two ways. 1. call verizon global support and tell them at you are in need of an unlock code because you are going abroad and wish to use a temp sim card. or some other story. 2. use services like horizon wireless to unlock you phone.

good luck
    01-16-09 08:31 PM
    The option>>SIM card>> does not work! the SIM card will always maintain its original TMOBILE number its the STORM that keeps the verizon number locked in and that i dont know how to change

---

unlocking it was Very simple.. we called the Global verizon people and told them to unlock it because we travel and need to be able to use other SIM cards when we are overseas. It was done that same night.. but I dont have all the good stuff people are talking about.. I can only call (except my wife) and send TXT.
    01-16-09 08:34 PM
    dial ##000000 and a menu will pop up... Look for the number (your wife's) delete and put yours in.. Make sure you hit the blackberry dots and save changes
    01-16-09 09:50 PM
    my issue with my storm on at&t is that when i take out my sim and put it back in... I lose my ******* browser... angers me to death
    01-16-09 09:51 PM
    dial ##000000 and a menu will pop up... Look for the number (your wife's) delete and put yours in.. Make sure you hit the blackberry dots and save changes
    Thanx for the tip, That worked
    01-16-09 09:54 PM
    what ever you do dont take out your sim.. you will lose your browser and have to do the folder swap again...
    01-16-09 09:56 PM
    amazing!!! thank you
    01-16-09 10:18 PM
    what ever you do dont take out your sim.. you will lose your browser and have to do the folder swap again...
    Like I told you in the other thread, taking yours out wont do that. It was putting in the other guys iphone SIM in it.
    01-16-09 10:23 PM
    One more question --- If I want to use SMS do I have to get a BB plan from TMOBILE or can i find a loop hole around that? I currently have a sidekick plan
    01-16-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD