I was just wondering if anyone has heard is and when the storm might be comming to cingular. Im elegable for an upgrade soon and I want to get one.
    10-04-08 03:59 PM
    The 9530 is a vzw exclusive, and we don't even have a date of release for that yet.

Supposedly, the thunder (9500) is the 9530's gsm counterpart, however we have no speculated dates on that device. Don't hold your breath.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 04:01 PM
    Ok thanks!!
    10-04-08 04:05 PM
    No problem. Please also keep in mind that the storm will be a hybrid device, so you will be able to unlock it to work on a gsm carrier, as opposed to almost every other cdma device.

10-04-08 04:07 PM
    The 9500 should launch basically at the same time as the 9530. Also, rumor is AT&T will get a version of this in '09. But as JJ said an unlocked 9500 will work on AT&T's EDGE and 3G.
    10-04-08 05:06 PM
    The 9500 should launch basically at the same time as the 9530. Also, rumor is AT&T will get a version of this in '09. But as JJ said an unlocked 9500 will work on AT&T's EDGE and 3G.
    Yup yup. And I learned that from the best.

10-04-08 05:18 PM
    Yup yup. And I learned that from the best.

Thank you for the kind words sweetie.
    10-04-08 05:35 PM
    So pardon my ignorance, but you all are saying the Storm will be for Verizon but it can be unlocked for ATT...how so if Verizon does not use SIM cards? Again, sorry for ignorance but really want the storm, or it's counterpart and have ATT!
    Thanks
    10-05-08 11:20 PM
    The 9530 will be a hybrid device, as stated above, and will have a SIM card slot. Verizon and all other CDMA devices do not use SIM cards except for the 8830, which is meant to run on overseas GSM bands.

10-05-08 11:26 PM
    So pardon my ignorance, but you all are saying the Storm will be for Verizon but it can be unlocked for ATT...how so if Verizon does not use SIM cards? Again, sorry for ignorance but really want the storm, or it's counterpart and have ATT!
    Thanks
    It's a Global phone so it has a SIM card slot and you can switch the preference from 1xEV to GSM/UMTS via software in the settings.
    10-05-08 11:26 PM
    Verizon won't let th�t happen. From what iheard and previous times verizon will have a block in the software from allowing att/tmobile/sprint to use this which to get around requires some hacking . We shall see I'm dying in anticipation, but extremely happy I have verizon!

10-06-08 01:35 AM
    Now it will work on T-Mobile too right CX if its unlocked or do we need to unlock it?
    10-06-08 06:14 AM
    Now it will work on T-Mobile too right CX if its unlocked or do we need to unlock it?
    Both devices will work on T-Mobile. Yes if it happens to be locked, then just pay to have it unlocked. But as someone else posted, that might not have to be done.
    10-06-08 06:42 AM
    i hope so CX, honestly, I just can't wait to get this in my hands. I 1st went to Curve II to G1 and now to the Storm is my final destination too.
    10-06-08 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD