Even if you agree that most of the reviews are largely negative, there are plenty of people that would want to unlock the phone and use it elsewhere...

You think tons of people wouldn't use an unlocked GSM storm on AT&T given the opportunity?
    Hey, sit back down and chill out. No one said they wouldn't. I was just stating my opinion, which I'm entitled to. If you like the phone, go get it. I'm just stating anyone who was waiting patiently for this phone should probably spend some time with it before taking it home or committing, ESPECIALLY if you are planning to pay full price and unlock.

From my experience, all of the displays they had out were laggy, 2 of them being so laggy they were almost rendered unusable. The menus were funky, and I felt clumsy. When you go to hit a button a lot of times it registers the one above or below. The keyboard was really awkward. That is my opinion. I'm just saying...try before you buy.

If I took 100 paintballs for that phone, I'd be pretty upset right now.
    11-20-08 08:48 PM
    I'm not getting the Storm, I got a Bold. But I am pretty sure that a lot of people would want to unlock the phone. Reviews aren't gonna stop that.
    11-20-08 08:55 PM
    I'm not getting the Storm, I got a Bold. But I am pretty sure that a lot of people would want to unlock the phone. Reviews aren't gonna stop that.

I don't think I once said they would. I just stated they weren't that great, so I went to check it out, and I was hoping against hope that the reviews were wrong, but sadly, I agree with them.

You or others may not, but either way - test before you buy. That's all I'm saying.
    11-20-08 08:57 PM
    I don't think so,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 09:21 PM
    Hey guys....I am here to confirm that yes, you can unlock the verizon storm and yes it only runs on AT&Ts and Tmos EDGE. Look at my other thread. Hope this settles it lol.
    11-22-08 07:50 PM
    I was told by my VZW salesperson that the SIM card is screwed into the phone and that removing it will void the phone's warranty. Could be a full BS line, but he did show me the little screw holding in the SIM card. Just FYI for all of you guys out there thinking that it's worth a shot to see if your ATT/TMobile SIM card might work in the Storm.
    11-22-08 07:55 PM
    There isn't a screw holding the Sim in. I took mine out yday.

11-22-08 08:09 PM
    I dont understand how it works in the USA. Dont you get a sim card with the Storm phone? How can you have the sim card slot and not be using it?

Sorry if its a dumb question but I am in the UK!
    11-22-08 08:15 PM
    So do the servicebooks work? Can I sign up for BIS on ATT>
    11-23-08 12:46 AM
    I was told by my VZW salesperson that the SIM card is screwed into the phone and that removing it will void the phone's warranty. Could be a full BS line, but he did show me the little screw holding in the SIM card. Just FYI for all of you guys out there thinking that it's worth a shot to see if your ATT/TMobile SIM card might work in the Storm.
    It's a roayal byatch to get out, but it just slides out, and it scratches the logo off so they can tell you've taken it out.
    11-23-08 01:48 AM
    My question is, why does verizon insist on being such a royal pain in the arse. Why can't they just let people buy the phone outright and move along. Really, they take greediness to a whole new level.

I don't see AT&T or tmobile locking down their phones or specifically using certain bands of 3G just so people from other carriers can't unlock the phone.

Sure, they tried with the iPhone the 2nd time around to prevent as many unlocks, but quite frankly, they still don't care what the heck you do with the phone.
    11-23-08 01:19 PM
    I called my local VZ store and said I wanted to buy a storm for my brother as an xmas gift off contract and the rep didn't seem to care one bit. Told me to ask for him when I came in.

11-23-08 01:30 PM
    I don't understand why so many people on ATT gloat about being the only ones to be able to get the iPhone and how great it is...yet now that something seemingly better/cooler comes along they all get whiny that it's on Verizon and everyone wants to unlock it. I dunno, personally I like the storm but i'd be happy with an iPhone OR a Storm and all the "can i use it on ATT? Will it be coming to ATT? etc." threads are getting annoying
    F*ck the iphone true att customers never cared about it. The reason why most of us switched to att is because we liked verizons coverage and call quality but we wanted the freedom that att offered. So many years of verizon having sh!t phones with oppressive carrier branding involved that crippled the devices. Verizon has shown time and time again to be extremely crippling of their phones true capability ESPECIALLY with the removal of WIFI off of the storm which has been shown with no shadow of a doubt to be entirely at Verizons request. Trust me if this wasnt a world phone i.e. included a sim card slot the phone would have shipped with wifi because they would have not seen the possibility of them being unlocked for other carriers use.

The storm is a very nice and powerful device in a beautiful form factor but the fact of it is that att customers want a 3G touchscreen device like the Storm offers with the accuracy of typing and usability that the iPhone does not offer. To be more direct this is like a discussion of Bold vs. Javelin. The Javelin has no 3G support which is a big deal breaker for most people. Thats why people are so curious about the Storm because if it can be successfully unlocked and work on the 3G network that would be the end of the discussion.
    11-23-08 03:37 PM
    just received my unlocked 9500 storm out of germany. Installed my AT&T simcard and was able to use it within 15 seconds on AT&T. Only issue I have is to install the AT&T browser. There is a link on crackberry to do this and I'll try it later
    12-13-08 07:17 AM
    Since the Storm (Verizon) is CDMA, i thought that CDMA devices cannot work on GSM. But the Storm has a Sim Card slot. (it doesn't make sense). If one gets a Storm, then one gets it unlocked, will it be able or not able to run on AT&T?
    I'm confused, please help me understand. Thank you

THE Voice will work but the Data is another Story.
    My Storm is onlocked and when I put my ATT Sim in it it works for voice. I went to the Rim?At&t Portal and entered the Storm's pin, I got an Error, wrong Vendor ID. Anyone went pass this?
    07-19-09 08:12 AM
    THE Voice will work but the Data is another Story.
    My Storm is onlocked and when I put my ATT Sim in it it works for voice. I went to the Rim?At&t Portal and entered the Storm's pin, I got an Error, wrong Vendor ID. Anyone went pass this?
    Did you read this entire thread?? That would be awesome. Have you actually went through the how to sticky on unlocking your storm for use on ATT? Make sure you have completed that. Also you have to make sure if you bought your Storm from someone else that they removed the pin from their old network.
    07-19-09 11:43 AM
    I have no problems with my Storm on AT&T.

148/.90/5.0 files/BBM 5.0. I have 99% EDGE. I have great data speeds with EDGE, not 3G but it isn't exactly slow either.

I have to say the only thing I wish the Storm had, and that I missed from the iPhone, was the WiFi. That's otherwise, I can't complain.
    07-19-09 12:27 PM
    Oh i will soon find out because i am getting an iphone tomorrow. My Storm is unlocked so i will stick the iphone sim card in my storm and see what happens.
    All you people are doing is talking and doing like just theory. I will do this in action...
    Watch for my post on what the outcome is tomorrow night
    07-31-09 07:51 PM
    Most likely you have to purchase a 16 digit unlock code. The code is $34.99.
    Check out this youtube video showing how.
    go to youtube.com/watch?v=VrKBSjYbxlg
    10-15-09 01:51 AM
    ^^ So no one can answer this?
    i work for att and am see if thre is any way to push the browser service books to them but am not finding any loop hole i have many people helping me with this, but if there is no service books for it then you ar SOL and will NOT get any internet service

11-17-09 01:15 PM
    i work for att and am see if thre is any way to push the browser service books to them but am not finding any loop hole i have many people helping me with this, but if there is no service books for it then you ar SOL and will NOT get any internet service

Why do you run around reviving year old threads? Got nothing better to do?
    11-17-09 04:20 PM
    Sorry for the stupid question, but what is a VW card. I'm guessing not a Rabbit on a post-card.
    01-22-10 06:42 AM
122 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD