Just curious if the Storm is a better device than the Bold.

I've been out of the loop for awhile
    11-10-08 07:22 PM
    Since answers will be based on personal opinion, you would probably get a better result by creating a poll and just see where the consensus lies.
    11-10-08 07:23 PM
    I agree that it is a personal opinion kinda thing. I mean some like the touch some don't. I know that from playing with the Bold that it is a nice device and very elegant just not my style. The storm it's really hype and sleek as well so you have the business pros caring it and you have young teens with it. either way if it's a BB it's worth it. The only neg I think about the storm is the NO wifi thing. other than that, nothing just your choice
    11-10-08 07:26 PM
    If u go to the blogs u can get a comparison between that the iphone the g1 and the bold.
    U tryin to start somethin?
    11-10-08 07:30 PM
    Is a toasted Subway sub superior to one that is not toasted??? That is a real question...
    11-10-08 07:38 PM
    Apples or oranges?
    11-10-08 07:40 PM
    Personally, I think the storm has a much better touch screen than the bold
    11-10-08 07:54 PM
    No the Storm is not superior to the Bold.
    11-10-08 08:00 PM
    As the old adage goes for women... (screen) size does matter!
    11-10-08 08:05 PM
    it all depends. For me the bold is superior because I am not a big fan of touch screen.
    11-10-08 08:14 PM
    As the old adage goes for women... (screen) size does matter!
    Exactly. I know this is subjective depending upon the individual's needs... but for me the Storm has a big screen for good web browsing and it's on Verizon.

Nuff said.
    11-10-08 08:23 PM
    it all depends. For me the bold is superior because I am not a big fan of touch screen.
    Exactly. I know this is subjective depending upon the individual's needs... but for me the Storm has a big screen for good web browsing and it's on Verizon.

Nuff said.
    No, see your two points are subjective. They are preference, and have no bearing on actual superiority. You simply prefer one over the other for what ever reason. That doesn't mean it's superior. Just like you may prefer a NASCAR stock car to a Formula1 car. But the F1 car is superior. Preference and superiority are two completely different things.
    11-10-08 08:26 PM
    No, see your two points are subjective. They are preference, and have no bearing on actual superiority. You simply prefer one over the other for what ever reason. That doesn't mean it's superior. Just like you may prefer a NASCAR stock car to a Formula1 car. But the F1 car is superior. Preference and superiority are two completely different things.
    I see your point. When you're evaluating something like this, isn't even the word "superior" subjective? If I need a car that can go 200 MPH and theoretically has room for a passenger, then a NASCAR stock car is superior to the F1 because it fulfills my needs... even though the F1 is faster, handles better etc.

This is getting too deep for me. Time for a glass of wine
    11-10-08 08:40 PM
    The only neg I think about the storm is the NO wifi thing.
    what? no wifi???
    Last edited by jpg; 11-10-08 at 09:01 PM.
    11-10-08 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD