I have taken my battery out 5 times now and its stuck in the VERIZON screen now. When i hold down the lock key it pops up like normal says hit unlock key to unlock, but when i do it pops it back to the VERIZON screen. I hit red hang up key and it says shutting down, hit key to abort and when i do VERIZON screen.......

how do i get back to my phone?? or make it normal again. I am running .85
    12-28-08 12:54 AM
    take out the media card, pull the battery and then let it boot up again before u put the card in again
    12-28-08 12:56 AM
    thanks worked perfect
    12-28-08 01:03 AM
    take out the media card, pull the battery and then let it boot up again before u put the card in again
    i never heard that before, is this a temp fix? or do it once and the issue is gone?

thanks for the info
    12-28-08 01:12 AM
    The hang up is random, it may happen again; it may not. It will eventually boot up properly. I had to pull my card, reinsert my card, stand on one leg etc.

I'm learning patience is a virtue with the Storm! Woo Saa!
    12-28-08 01:15 AM
    mine hasn't froze since i did this, not sure as to how effective it is in the long run, but it sure helped mine
    12-28-08 01:18 AM
    The hang up is random, it may happen again; it may not. It will eventually boot up properly. I had to pull my card, reinsert my card, stand on one leg etc.

I'm learning patience is a virtue with the Storm! Woo Saa!
    Decent device but a sadly, honest opinion. After all is said and done I still love this device. Bring on 2-3 more updates to fix these petty issues and let us all enjoy the storm. This is/was my Christmas wish.....can you hear me now RIM?
    12-28-08 01:21 AM
    mine does this all the time.. a few people are thinking its because of where the background is stored...

remove the mem card then pop the batt out and put it back in..

once you get fully booted put the memory card back in
    12-28-08 01:24 AM
    mine has done it a few times too
    12-28-08 01:32 AM
    Same thing happened to me but only when I was on .83. It never happened to me when I was using .73, .75, or now with .85.
    12-28-08 01:39 AM
    i have .85...and this just happened to me for the first time.

thanks for the fix...it worked!
    12-29-08 10:56 AM
    I think it has something to do with softreset software (aka. quickpull etc.)
    12-29-08 11:28 AM
    I think it has something to do with softreset software (aka. quickpull etc.)
    I suspected this to be the problem as well, how ever, many other people that don't use these reset programs are complaining about the issue. It seems to only take place with .83 & .85. It can take several battery pulls to correct. Hopefully it will be dealt with in a future OS update. If it is a real issue for you, you may want to downgrade back to .75.
    12-29-08 11:36 AM
    i have a used storm but when it reboots in gets stuck with a white screen and the little black square , and it only loads 1/4 of the way then it just stays on the white screen with the little square...does some one know how to fix it.
    03-07-10 01:43 PM
    Try reloading the OS.

How do I Recover a Dead BlackBerry

Or

How to Recover a Nuked BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD