Seems at least once a day my phone thinks it�s in select mode. So I can�t do anything except a battery pull. I was hoping when I upgraded to 5.0 that this was just a software problem and would resolve itself.

Is it possible it�s a hardware issue? I wouldn�t think so but wiping the device and reinstalling the OS hasn�t changed anything. It�s a real pain when you want to scroll somewhere but all it does is select everything like you want to copy paste.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

And for what its worth I got a storm2 yesterday but have already came back to the original storm, but thats a whole new subject.
    10-29-09 08:22 AM
    When mine gets stuck I just hit the back button and it leaves select mode for me.
    10-29-09 08:42 AM
    I am a photographer and spend most of my time outdoors with my phone in my pocket. when i pull it out to use it with the heat the phone doesn't respond to the location of my fingers and i need to cool the phone down before it can be useful. luckly i jave never had an emergancy in where i need to use my phone immidiatly.
    10-29-09 08:45 AM
    When mine gets stuck I just hit the back button and it leaves select mode for me.
    Yeah I've tried, and say I'm in SMS when it happens, I hit the back button, it unselects everything like it should, but then once I try to scroll again it does the same thing. Real pain.
    10-29-09 08:50 AM
    I am a photographer and spend most of my time outdoors with my phone in my pocket. when i pull it out to use it with the heat the phone doesn't respond to the location of my fingers and i need to cool the phone down before it can be useful. luckly i jave never had an emergancy in where i need to use my phone immidiatly.
    That�s an interesting thought. It almost always happens in the morning while I'm at the gym. When I pull the phone out of my gym bag is when I'm seeing it happen the most. But that�s also when I have missed calls and messages I need to check and my only option is a battery pull.
    10-29-09 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD