perhaps you got a bad tech?
    IMO they're all bad...

and it wasn't a tech that told me, it was one of those corporate callback people, the ones you get when you go to planetfeedback.com and talk trash...i had a friend forward an email for me, to a friend of theirs, and they called me back...i wasn't having any problems, i just wanted a straight answer on the VZW stance for this issue with the dust...we talked and debated for awhile, and that's the answer i was given. idk, maybe they've changed their mind since then?
    09-21-09 03:14 PM
    i love the new .230 so much better than the .148 that i had I LOVE IT!!!
    09-21-09 03:17 PM
    idk, maybe they've changed their mind since then?
    oh when was that?
    09-21-09 03:20 PM
    IMO they're all bad...

and it wasn't a tech that told me, it was one of those corporate callback people, the ones you get when you go to planetfeedback.com and talk trash...i had a friend forward an email for me, to a friend of theirs, and they called me back...i wasn't having any problems, i just wanted a straight answer on the VZW stance for this issue with the dust...we talked and debated for awhile, and that's the answer i was given. idk, maybe they've changed their mind since then?

Yeah they really are pretty bad! You really did get a bad tech because I know for a fact that the dust under the screen is a warranty reason. There is no magical seal that can be broken. The dust under the sceen is a hardware defect!
    09-21-09 03:23 PM
    Short answer- no it doesnt suck.

With the new OS updates it has greatly improved. There is threaded sms on the .191 OS.

I enjoy mine considerably but the Storm is not for everyone. Those that lack tech skills would be greatly turned off by the pre .148 Storm.
    09-21-09 03:40 PM
    @OP; to be honest I really have liked my storm from the start. I like it even more now that 5.0 has threaded SMS, elastic scrolling and a slightly updated UI. As for the way the OS looks keep in mind that themes can greatly change the apperance so if you are not happy with the default there are other options.

In regards to dust under the screen I have never seen that problem and really don't know what it would even look like. Does anyone have a picture of a screen with dust under it? The clicking was an issue for me but I fixed it with the torx adjustment.
    09-21-09 03:51 PM
    @OP; to be honest I really have liked my storm from the start. I like it even more now that 5.0 has threaded SMS, elastic scrolling and a slightly updated UI. As for the way the OS looks keep in mind that themes can greatly change the apperance so if you are not happy with the default there are other options.

In regards to dust under the screen I have never seen that problem and really don't know what it would even look like. Does anyone have a picture of a screen with dust under it? The clicking was an issue for me but I fixed it with the torx adjustment.
    Dust getting under the screen was a big problem on the first batch of storms. The new storms don't have the problem at all anymore. The screens seal was flawed from the get go and should not be reflected upon the owner for miss use. I have gone through 5 storms and the one I have right now really is perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 03:59 PM

it's usually in the corners of the screen, dust will collect and cause a glare on the screen in sunlight...usually isn't an issue inside, except against a white background sometimes you'll see specks of dust.

there are pix, i'll try to find some and post 'em
    09-21-09 04:05 PM
    It's all relative. Saying it's fast isn't necessarily wrong. It's just a matter of what you're use to or comparing it to.
    Correct...but please tell me what we are comparing it to kind sir. The browsers speed never changed to me. It seems to be in peoples heads that it is, but i dont see it. Maybe im wrong...but if we are to compare this to almost any other smart phone browser, we can conclude that this is SLOW.
    09-21-09 05:28 PM
    I was on the brink of getting rid of my Storm.. I had been very unsatisfied with it and really had no intentions of keeping it. However I updated it to .230 and I have been extremely pleased with it. I am just waiting for the Facebook 1.7 and I'll be set.. Well set until the S2 comes out..
    09-21-09 06:15 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD