The status light on my storm is driving me insane. When I get a new message the status light stays on until I reboot the device. The message has been read, but the status light persists.

Is anyone elde experiencing this?

You're replies are appreciated VERY much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 02:05 PM
    Could be a bug in the OS.
    11-21-08 02:10 PM
    Now it's on all the time, even after a reboot. What could be causing this?

All my messages are read and I have no missed calls!

11-21-08 02:14 PM
    Are there any message notification icons on the home screen?
    11-21-08 02:21 PM
    No, all messages are read. I just tried a battery pull. When I get another email we'll see what happens.

11-21-08 02:30 PM
    not to hijack your thread, but my light just blinks green all the time, even when I have messages. What happened to the red light?
    11-21-08 03:13 PM
    Red for low battery......blinking for low, solid for almost dead battery???????????????
    11-21-08 03:26 PM
    why is blinking green all the time? I just want it to flash if I have a message...
    11-21-08 03:32 PM
    Blinking Red is for messages, blinking green is a status light, means your connected to a network, blinking blue means you're connected to a bluetooth device, yellow means your battery is low.
    11-21-08 04:29 PM
    Any solid colors means your phone has bugs in it lol!
    11-21-08 04:34 PM
    Does anyone know how to turn off the status lights?
    11-24-08 11:01 PM
    the status light can be turned off in the options on that profile. go to sounds: (whatever profile) then turn off the LED for each thing.
    BTW if you give it a little time, the light goes off. Mine does this too. I just ignore it

If you mean the green coverage status light, you can turn that off in options: screen/keyboard
    Last edited by mark00020; 11-24-08 at 11:10 PM.
    11-24-08 11:07 PM
    If its not low battery, or new message indication, then it may be your running Visual Voice Mail. Uninstall the Visual Voice Mail and call and have that service disrupted. Verizon is having a software glitch with it at this time, give it a few weeks then re-install Visual Voice Mail.
    11-24-08 11:13 PM
    why is blinking green all the time? I just want it to flash if I have a message...
    Go to options/screen keyboard/led coverage indicator/ set to off
    11-25-08 01:46 AM
    Go to options/screen keyboard/led coverage indicator/ set to off
    it comes by default off also.
    11-25-08 01:59 AM
    I'm having the same issue. I have a red status light that blinks about every 3 seconds. There are absolutely no unread messages of any kind. I've pulled the battery yesterday and it seemed to stop, but has come back. I'm guessing it's some kind of bug in the OS. If someone has divine insight into this please share.

Thanks
    12-14-08 04:42 PM
    Hey guys...

Not that I know everything there is to know about the BB Storm...but...there may be nothing wrong with your BB Storm OS. Below is a page taken directly from the BB Storm User Guide. Susgest you read the information and try the settings suggested. I'm having no major problems with my LED indicator except that sometimes I have to press on email or make a call for the coverage LED to blink after coming back from "auto off" setting overnight. No big deal.

I hope this info helps

LED notification

The LED light on the top of your BlackBerry� device flashes different colors to indicate different statuses.
    Green:
    You are in a wireless coverage area.
    Blue:
    Your device is connected to a Bluetooth� enabled device.
    Red:
    A new message has arrived and your selected sound profile is set to notify you using the LED.
    If you are using your device with a smart card, your device is accessing data on the smart card.
    Amber:
    The battery power level for your device is low.

Turn off Bluetooth connection notification
    1. In the device options, click Bluetooth.
    2. Press the Menu key.
    3. Click Options.
    4. Change the LED Connection Indicator field to Off.
    5. Press the Menu key.
    6. Click Save.
    To turn on Bluetooth� connection notification again, change the LED Connection Indicator field to On.

Turn on wireless coverage notification
    1. In the device options, click Screen/Keyboard.
    2. Set the LED Coverage Indicator field to On.
    3. Press the Menu key.
    4. Click Save.
    When your BlackBerry� device is connected to the wireless network, the LED light flashes green.

To turn off wireless coverage notification again, set the LED Coverage Indicator field to Off.

Notifications troubleshooting

My device is vibrating more times than expected

For calls, the number of times that the BlackBerry� device vibrates is not determined by the number of vibrations that you set in your
    sound profile. The device vibrates until the caller or the wireless network ends the connection.

I am not receiving notification for incoming calls or messages

Try performing the following actions:
    � In the sounds application, verify that the All Alerts Off sound profile is not selected.
    � If you have assigned a ring tone or notification to a specific contact, in the notification, verify that the Volume field is not set to
    Silent.