Hi guys. So, a friend of mine managed somehow to add a VZ Storm ESN in Sprint database and activate it. Phone works very well sms and voice. For some reason that we can not understand, Sprint denied to add the PIN in their system. They gave us stupid explanations, that RIM is not allowing them to do that, that we should call RIM to have them change the phone's PIN(I laughed for an hour) a.s.o. . And it's weird since the phone had no issues on Vz, clean ESN, no unpaid bills, account closed in good terms. So right now, the phone is on a blackberry plan, but we can not get net in any way. Of course, we do not expect to get BIS service since Sprint doesn't want to take the PIN. But I am trying to have the net working, browser and everything. I have followed the Metro PCS and Alltell method and still nothing, no net.I also tried ANWORM's method, no success. Our goal is to have internet working, not BIS, regular net. We tried all Nam settings posible, all EVDO settings posible, escreens,generic service books, sprint service books, ANWORM service books, everything. The net icon, the one with 2 little squares, is always "broken". This post is a scream for help, anybody out there that can give us some ideas, we will really appreciate it. We also have CDMA Workshop 3.4.1. if it helps.
    Please help us guys
    Last edited by ciprianmuresan; 09-26-09 at 09:06 PM.
    09-26-09 09:02 PM
    You know whats odd about that... I have a VZ 9530 and went to blackberry\hhupgrade, put my PIN in and it recognized it as a Sprint PIN.... Just happened tonight!
    09-26-09 09:59 PM
    Ok, interesting to hear that they got Sprint to add the ESN. We'll see how long it lasts. Did this when the Storm first came out. There were a few of us that did it and worked great until RIM found out and sent a cease and desist letter to Sprint. Apparently something to do with the contract that RIM has with VZW is to be the "exclusive provider" and that someone includes operation. Are you using your own BES server or trying to use Sprints?
    09-27-09 01:43 PM
    Well Sprint only condition was no BIS. They said it was up to us to find a way to get "dumb" net without BIS. I don't have to tell you that there is no cs from Sprint when it comes to the Storm. The only thing the store guy did was uploading the Sprint prl. And we are trying to get net without BIS, similar to Metro PCS and Alltell method but so far no success.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 07:35 AM
    I don't believe you'll be able to get the internet without BIS, or BES. BBs just don't work that way. A long shot might be to try a 3rd party browser and fiddle with it's settings, but I don't see that working either.
    09-28-09 07:50 AM
    I know how a bb works and what bis means. I am not looking to get bis. I am looking to get regular web-based net. Just like I know how to get that with a Storm on Metro, alltell, T-Mobile or ATT prepaid, I am looking for a solution on Sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 10:05 PM
    your probably out of luck because the way BB's work. They cant get internet any other way than through BIS or BES.
    09-29-09 01:29 AM
    Look guys, I already explained 2 or 3 times in this thread and I gave u examples. It is posible to get web-based non BIS internet on the Storm. I DID IT ON METRO PCS, ALLTELL, T-MOBILE PREPAID ANT ATT PREPAID. AND I AM LOOKING FOR A SIMILAR SOLUTION ON SPRINT
    09-29-09 06:20 AM
    does anyone have the tours service books, I have a storm with an esn added to sprint. My sprint guy can add it, but at the moment it has att service books
    10-13-09 03:37 AM
    Getting the Tour service books (or another sprint BB's service books) on there might work.
    10-13-09 10:22 AM
    it will work, but i just cant get them from anybody
    10-13-09 10:29 AM
    it will work, but i just cant get them from anybody
    Get a friend with a Sprint Tour and then use a BB utility program like crackmem, BASK (or whatever the intials are), or BBFilescout.
    10-13-09 11:28 AM
    How do you guys get sprint to accept the Storm I really would like to this myself. Let me know who I can contact and what do I need to say.

Thanks
    10-13-09 12:26 PM
    Get a friend with a Sprint Tour and then use a BB utility program like crackmem, BASK (or whatever the intials are), or BBFilescout.
    cant find anyone with a sprint tour thats why i was wondering if anyone on here had them.
    10-13-09 06:08 PM
    How do you guys get sprint to accept the Storm I really would like to this myself. Let me know who I can contact and what do I need to say.

Thanks

sprint wont do it, u gotta know someone who can add an esn to the database, like a sprint rep or someone high up customer service wont do it.
    10-13-09 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD