I love my Storm, but I REALLY miss the sleep function I had with my Curve and 8830. I know the closest thing the Storm has is the lock function however, I've noticed that when a button gets pushed the screen comes on and will continue to stay on if the either the screen or buttons continue to be pushed (in my pocket for example).
    After seeing the hybrid os's I had a thought, but don't know how to do it or if it's even possible.
    Since some of the Crackberry experts out there are able to take pieces of os's and combine then, would it be possible to isolate the sleep function from another device such as the Curve or 8830 and incorporate that into the Storm OS?

P.S. I'm aware that a case with a magnet will make it sleep but I'm wanting to only use my hard case in my pocket...no holster or pouch.
    04-08-09 02:47 PM
    I love my Storm, but I REALLY miss the sleep function I had with my Curve and 8830. I know the closest thing the Storm has is the lock function however, I've noticed that when a button gets pushed the screen comes on and will continue to stay on if the either the screen or buttons continue to be pushed (in my pocket for example).
    After seeing the hybrid os's I had a thought, but don't know how to do it or if it's even possible.
    Since some of the Crackberry experts out there are able to take pieces of os's and combine then, would it be possible to isolate the sleep function from another device such as the Curve or 8830 and incorporate that into the Storm OS?

P.S. I'm aware that a case with a magnet will make it sleep but I'm wanting to only use my hard case in my pocket...no holster or pouch.
    I couldn't tell from your post if you had upgraded to a leaked OS or not. Anyway, I know that when the Storm is locked, touching the screen does not wake it up in later OS's. I can't remember if .109 fixed this for me or .114 which I'm on now. I'm thinking .109.
    04-08-09 09:46 PM
    I wanted to bump this post because I am having the same issue with my Storm! Any suggestions? Thanks.
    04-11-09 09:17 AM
    In .122 when you lock the storm and it screen fades and pushing it doesn't activate the phone but pushing the buttons do this is a step up from .75 where everything activated the phone so I guess you can say they are working on it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD