Hello, I have recently bought a storm about 2 weeks ago and I love it. I use the .132leaked os and it is stable. I'm not the most patient guy but if it is amazing ad completely worth it I will wait I want you to help me decide or knowledge me about he storm 2. Thank you and I will take in consideration of ur answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 08:20 PM
    I personally think that the Storm 2 looks AMAZING so far... great form factor, and the truth is that most devices are best in the 2nd and 3rd incarnations. HOPEFULLY they have learned lessons from the first Storm and I will probably be getting the Storm 2... but I will be giving it a little more time before jumping in like I did with the Storm to see what the initial reaction is...
    05-17-09 08:26 PM
    well i know that the storm 2 is still in early production stages...so it might change aesthetically and software wise...but if you like it get it! simple!
    05-17-09 08:39 PM
    You do realize that you are talking about a product that you have little credible
    Info about and that has absolutely no release info what so ever.
    Beast unless you can site real release info this is a non topic.

05-17-09 08:44 PM
    Hello, I have recently bought a storm about 2 weeks ago and I love it. I use the .132leaked os and it is stable. I'm not the most patient guy but if it is amazing ad completely worth it I will wait I want you to help me decide or knowledge me about he storm 2. Thank you and I will take in consideration of ur answer.

You are asking people's opinion on this mythological "Storm 2" when the fact of the matter is that no one knows any more about it than you do! Any "facts" that you learn on these forums, at this point is pure speculation (pulling it out of their asses!). I would tell you to do some research, but there is NOTHING to research!
    05-17-09 08:45 PM
    I would say keep your storm.
    You'll be able to use it for a while because a few months will go by before the storm 2 releases.
    Also, the issues with the storm are OS related and I believe that it has already been stated that whatever OS works on the Storm 2 will work on the Storm 1.
    05-17-09 08:47 PM
    I know that it is still in early production but I have 2 weeks to chose and if I can take out any piece of info I can.

05-17-09 08:47 PM
    For all we know the Storm 2 could be set for release in 2015. My advice be happy with your Storm.
    05-17-09 08:56 PM
    you'll be eligible for the next device available right about when they get it running nice and smooth. give the hybrids a chance too!
    05-17-09 09:00 PM
    I know that it is still in early production but I have 2 weeks to chose and if I can take out any piece of info I can.

Dude here's a question ...I like my cars gas mileage and it runs fine.....but I heard about a car that
    Gets 150 mpg.....should I keep my car or sell it and wait for the 150 mpg car comes out?

P.s. 95% of people on this site (myself included are just giving their opinion 90% of the time
    With out any real info to back it up.

05-17-09 09:01 PM
    two weeks until your 30 days are up you mean, right?

just so we all know, what is the option you are gonna choose if you decide to wait for the storm 2?
    05-17-09 09:04 PM
    Well just think... you have 20 months to go until your next device. Or if you are primary line you will be eligible for an annual upgrade.

I think the real question you should ask yourself is if you want to hang on with the Storm or wait until the Niagara/Tour/whateverRIMdecides arrives.
    05-17-09 09:06 PM
    For all we know the Storm 2 could be set for release in 2015. My advice be happy with your Storm.
    This is true

05-17-09 09:07 PM
    Stay with you storm, there is no sense worrying about storm 2 since all we have are some beta models. Beside once storm 2 is released; the next best thing coming out storm 3!!
    05-17-09 09:10 PM

We don't know much about it, but it's probably fair to say that it won't be out in the two weeks you have in your terms for returning it. Thus, I think the answer for keep or not is obvious if you like a Blackberry with big screen.
    05-17-09 09:14 PM
    To the OP, there are a few people on this site who have inside information. I may well be misspelling these names, but, those people include:

Crucial_Xtreme
    Kikitheking

And to a lesser extent:

Ausch

Anything posted by these guys is as close as you will get to fact before release.

That said, the general consensus is that the Storm2 will have wifi and a non-clicky touchscreen, and it will be released on Verizon sometime in Q4 most likely, which means between September 1 and December 31, 2009. These sorts of projections are always estimates at best, so be aware it could be in 2010. Verizon is notiriously slow releasing devices because they want them to have very few to zero glitches. The original Storm was a disaster from both RIM and Verizon's perspective glitch-wise, and they still haven't built an OS update that Verizon has approved. It was rushed out the door and was a huge seller. But this time around I'm guessing both sides will be more cautious.

Personally, I don't have one yet and want one, but I'm going to wait until Christmas 2009 for the next full touchscreen that drops, whether that is the Verizon Storm2 or the AT&T Magnum that is also speculated to be releasing around that time. Even less is known about the Magnum than the Storm2 by the way.
    05-17-09 09:15 PM
    lmfao @ ausch!!!!!!
    05-17-09 09:17 PM
    I would wait for the storm 2 or the palm pre.

05-17-09 09:17 PM
    i say wait until there is a phone that can make coffee for you in the a.m. until then you're just gonna end up buying a new phone and then right after your return window closes a new one will come out...

/sarcasim (?)
    05-17-09 09:21 PM

That said, the general consensus is that the Storm2 will have wifi and a non-clicky touchscreen, and it will be released on Verizon sometime in Q4 most likely, which means between September 1 and December 31, 2009. These sorts of projections are always estimates at best, so be aware it could be in 2010. Verizon is notiriously slow releasing devices because they want them to have very few to zero glitches. The original Storm was a disaster from both RIM and Verizon's perspective glitch-wise, and they still haven't built an OS update that Verizon has approved. It was rushed out the door and was a huge seller. But this time around I'm guessing both sides will be more cautious.
    So release the same named device just updated version within a year? I don't see that happening at all. Take a look at the line up as to how Verizon has handled that in the past. V to enV to enV2 to now enV3. Then the Voyager to Titanium Voyager to the upcoming enV Touch. As well as the Dare to the Versa. They don't just throw out phones to compete with something already in the store... so I don't see the Q4 time frame working out. Especially since we know that the new Pearl and updated Curve (by this I mean Niagara/Tour) are on the horizon.

Plus why would they put out a device to compete with one of the best sellers? The Storm has left a bad taste in the mouth of a lot of VZW customers and releasing a new one would only complicate that.

I would say that Q4 of 2010 might be a better time frame.
    05-17-09 09:36 PM
    ^^^

agree with the timeline example that bs1two gave...

excellent work, n00b!
    05-17-09 09:37 PM
    I would wait.

05-17-09 09:37 PM
    i would decide based on what is available now, or within the 2 week window you're in. anything else beyond that is pure speculation and there is no confirmed info on any of it. bottom line. if you don't like the storm, that's one thing. but if you like it, and you're worried something else will come out, just suck it up and pull the trigger. you got time before anything of substantial impact comes out.

and you could always trade or sell your storm for a different device later on!
    05-17-09 09:40 PM
    ^^^

agree with the timeline example that bs1two gave...

excellent work, n00b!
    I am somewhat of a noob. I have used the site for a guide for almost a year but never bothered to sign up. Then I signed up and never posted. Now that I have time I figure why not throw my 2 cents in with the rest of the speculation.

i would decide based on what is available now, or within the 2 week window you're in. anything else beyond that is pure speculation and there is no confirmed info on any of it. bottom line. if you don't like the storm, that's one thing. but if you like it, and you're worried something else will come out, just suck it up and pull the trigger. you got time before anything of substantial impact comes out.

and you could always trade or sell your storm for a different device later on!
    Or you could always add a line. Sorry thats the VZW employee in me coming out.
    05-17-09 09:43 PM
    yeah, i always forget that one...i used to work for VZW until last fall when i lost my mind.
    05-17-09 09:44 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD