My Storm - and coinidentally ever since I installed the Weatherbug application, will go through long periods of not "fading the screen" when not in use - it always stays on - which of course drains the battery like crazy.

The only way that I've been able to fix this is to do a battery pull - then it will operate normally for a while - but sooner or later this same issue keeps happening....

1. Is this due to Weatherbug (is anyone else having this issue)? We have been having a LOT of weather alerts lately (snow storms) - I wonder if this has something to do with it?

2. Is there a way to push a button to toggle the screen off when I'm done working with it each time? My WM device had an option to do so, but I can't find anything on the Storm.....

I do have the settings set to 30 second delay - but right now it appears to be on a delay that lasts until a battery pull...

Anybody have any ideas???
    12-17-08 03:23 PM
    Would puttin it into lock mode manually fade it. Still dont have one so im just guessing here
    12-17-08 03:40 PM
    I can tell you mine constantly did this. Uninstalled weatherbug works fine. Its really not worth it. Take the extra second and just go to a bookmarked webpage.
    12-17-08 04:01 PM
    This happened to me once on one of my other phones. I had to go to the timeout settings and change and then save and then change it back again. That fixed it.
    12-17-08 04:03 PM
    I had the same problem with the BBLight app installed (screen lights up for new sms/email) un installed that no more problems. some of these programs must not be fully compatible yet.
    12-17-08 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD