I returned my storm and will wait for the bugs to get worked out, my primary gripe is I do not want to be forced to use the landscape qwerty for functions I am used to doing in portrait... ie Quick reply to an email with one hand or unlocking the phone with your code...

I am hoping a QWERTY keyboard application will come out for the portrait mode but when using the suretype it still seemed a bit cramped compared to (as far as I recall) the iphone keypad...

If Iphone was able to cram a qwerty keyboard in portrait I am assuming RIM can do the same but is the touchscreen on the iphone wider?

I know they will get the OS tweaked and running smoothly in the future..
    To me the other musts are:
    1. Option for Qwerty in portrait (dont force sure type or multi tap)
    2. Option to turn off click and go and make it just a touchscreen just to give users some freedom to decide on their own.

I have faith in RIM, the phone has the potential to be much more productive...
    Last edited by beachfront71; 11-22-08 at 12:39 PM.
    11-22-08 12:34 PM
    i doubt they will put a full qwerty in portrait mode. the surepress typing actually works really well. obviously not for things like codes or webpages but its fine for normal emails or sms.

as for you being used to an iphone... stop. its not an iphone, and it wont be an iphone so things you are used to are going to be different!
    Last edited by imann101; 11-22-08 at 12:46 PM.
    11-22-08 12:43 PM
    1. Suretype in portrait is much easier than full qwerty, there is no need for full qwerty in portrait mode.
    2. No, that's what differs it from your iphone, you need to get used to it.

BTW, the screen is not smaller, it's wider but shorter.
    11-22-08 12:46 PM
    as for you being used to an iphone... stop. its not an iphone, and it wont be an iphone so things you are used to are going to be different! :P
    You might have misread my post ... I am not used to an iphone but like the fact that they have a qwerty keyboard which to me is superior to sure type or multi tap as it would be similar to my 8830 I use now...
    11-22-08 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD