So lately, I've been having trouble with my storm running very slow. It does the "loading" graphic, or the spinning clock, or whatever it's called ALL the time. I pop my battery all the time and it doesn't seem to help. And the Storm will do this even when I have barely anything open. For example, at the moment, if I press the menu key, the only programs I have are my browser, BBM, the home icon, message icon and phone icon. That's it. But every time I pick my phone up to do something, I get the loading thing. I tried clearing my browser cache, but that didn't help. I also deleted a bunch of saved y!m message logs and deleted some pics, but still no go. Any suggestions? It never used to be this slow, and it's driving me nuts...

I have Verizon Wireless, and I'm running on V4.7.0.148. Thanks in advance!
    01-08-10 01:56 PM
    First, I would suggest upgrading to Verizon's latest official if possible for you. 5.0.0.328. It will have better memory management than .148 did. Also, what is your free memory at? Check it by going to options>status.
    01-08-10 02:07 PM
    First thing I would do is upgrade to 5.0.0.328 at least if you need to stay "official". If you don't like it you can always go back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 02:07 PM
    Hmmm... I didn't know there was a new upgrade, usually my phone lets me know. If I can get my cord back from my sister, I will try that.

My free memory is at... 877377 bytes (if that's the right thing...)
    01-08-10 02:17 PM
    Yeah, the update has been out since last fall I believe. That memory sounds low for me. I think its 8.7 mb but I'm not sure. That would certainly explain why you are getting the hourglass a lot though.

01-08-10 02:40 PM
    Well hopefully I can get my blackberry cord back from my sister... if not, maybe deleting some apps or something will help?
    01-08-10 03:03 PM
    Deleting apps can always help. What apps do you have?

01-08-10 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD