Just updated my 9530 OS to the new leak 5.0.0.1041. I am facing this wierd issue...the sound coming from my phone whenevr I get a call or an email is all cracked up. Its like shrieky loud and cracks up as if the spearker has bursted. Can anyone tell me what's wrong, or what should I do to fix it. It was fine until before the OS Install. I tried wiping the device and reinstalling the OS...but the issue still persists...Can anyone help...Please?
    01-05-11 12:10 AM
    what os version were you running previous to the new leak? the latest leaks have a very strong speaker volume level and its part of the radio file. only thing you can do is to go into your profile settings and lower the volume levels of your ringtones.
    01-05-11 07:06 AM
    Hey Nik...
    Thanks for replying back!
    I had the 797 OS before I installed the 1041. And ur reply seems logical. Can you tell me the name of the file that controls the audio volume? Can I replace that file from the older OS version and reinstall the OS...wont that solve my problem? Please let me knw!
    Also, I have one more question...some parts of my screen do not respont to my touch...whereas the other area of the screen is fine...! This was the issue wi\h my previous OS too...and I got this installed thinking it myt help! But nothing changed! What can I do about it...? Please help!
    Gagan
    01-05-11 10:47 AM
    Hey Nik...
    Thanks for replying back!
    I had the 797 OS before I installed the 1041. And ur reply seems logical. Can you tell me the name of the file that controls the audio volume? Can I replace that file from the older OS version and reinstall the OS...wont that solve my problem? Please let me knw!
    Also, I have one more question...some parts of my screen do not respont to my touch...whereas the other area of the screen is fine...! This was the issue wi\h my previous OS too...and I got this installed thinking it myt help! But nothing changed! What can I do about it...? Please help!
    Gagan
    there is nothing that can be done about the volume, other than lower your ringer settings or downgrade the OS.

as for the screen click, have you tried all of the other screen click fixes? i had a cut-up credit card taped to my battery to help with the screen click on my 9530. i also read somewhere about tightening the screws holding the screen to the housing. i haven't tried that one, though. the card worked pretty well for me. i doubt its the os, if it was doing the same thing before you upgraded. sounds more like a hardware issue.
    01-05-11 11:01 AM
    I agree with njaremka for the most part on both issues.

I set my ringer on medium insteat of loud and that seemed to correct the ringer loudness issue. Prior to the more recent OS's I kept it on loud.

The touch screen issue is a hardware issue and a known problem with some 9530 and 9500 phones. below are some links to various solutions. I have used several of these and my click is fine now.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/cl...-style-184518/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/scr...method-109036/
    01-05-11 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD