My Razr used to ring 4 times before it went to vmail, even if I had it set to vibe & ring.

With my Storm, if I set it to vibe & ring, it vibes once then rings twice so I often miss the call if I move too slowly. I shut off the vibe and it now rings 3 times but often that's still not enough time for me to reach it. From the calling phone's perspective it's rung 4 times, but the delay from calling phone ring to Storm ring is causing too much delay for me to react in time - at least that's what it seems.

Is there a way to change the number of rings on the phone before it goes to vmail? Or is that a setting thru the carrier? I checked my Vmail options and there's nothing there. I'm with Telus, if that makes a difference. Or is there a way to speed up the Storm's reaction time?

TIA - R.
    01-27-09 07:31 PM
    yea. I'd like more rings as well. I get four before it goes to vmail.

It hasn't been a huge deal for me but I have played around with it on the phone. I haven't figured out how to get more rings out of it.
    01-27-09 07:40 PM
    I want more rings too. I keep getting missed calls. I am hoping for this issue to be resolved in the next official update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 09:12 PM
    Well, mine rings in the callers handset 3 times before I get one ring on my phone, so call yourself and check that. If you need more rings before VM call your service provider and see if they can add a few. Verizon offers that. YMMV
    01-27-09 09:12 PM
    Yep just call VZ and ask them to add the max amount! I heard word a while back that they will not offer this one day soon!
    01-27-09 09:15 PM
    The problem is that the phone doesn't ring and vibrate at the same time, it only does one at a time, that's why it doesn't ring as frequent and as long as we want.

What you can do to fix it is set the phone to either vibrate, or to ring, but not both at the same time, unfortunately that's the only way I found to fix it.
    01-27-09 09:36 PM
    The problem is that the phone doesn't ring and vibrate at the same time, it only does one at a time, that's why it doesn't ring as frequent and as long as we want.

What you can do to fix it is set the phone to either vibrate, or to ring, but not both at the same time, unfortunately that's the only way I found to fix it.
    Try Buzz me....it's free, and does ring/vibe at the same time

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/buzz-me-143829/
    01-27-09 09:46 PM
    1st post - 2nd paragraph - 2nd sentence :

"I shut off the vibe"

Sorry, zerog6, setting the phone to just ring doesn't do it. It helps a wee bit, I'll give you that. but it's not a fix.

- R.
    01-27-09 10:34 PM
    Like jfriz saif, try BuzzMe. I had the same complaint and BuzzMe is a great and simple solution.

01-28-09 01:23 AM
    thanks for the buzzme tip, better than paying for vibandring
    01-28-09 01:41 AM
    I would be pleased if my Storm would ring on incoming calls!
    01-28-09 07:02 AM
    Personally I like how it rings. Mine rings twice.

01-28-09 07:58 AM
    Fixed - called Telus and they increased my time-to-vmail from 18 to 30 seconds. My Storm now rings 4.5 times, and the caller hears 6 rings. A reasonable compromise I guess. Telus told me I could alos try different ringtones as that will have an effect.

- R.
    01-28-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD